A Punished Straw Purchase

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Daoust_Nat, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Nat,

Good Thread and justice was served in this case. Obviously he was making the straw purchases for profit. Unfortunately costing someone their life. And the sad thing is there may be additional victims in the future from this guy's actions!
    Kind of like the OBAMA Administration's Fast and Furious criminal acts! They just found three more of those 1800 weapons this week that had been involved in serious crimes. And someone in the Government should be serving time the same as this guy, as we speak. This guy was no less or more guilty than some in our government.

3. luckyj

luckyj New Member

The guy deserves every bit of it and more in my opinion.

4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on the judge.

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Hey, lookit that! YOU CAN punish criminals for committing

crimes! Well, waddaya know? THIS could become a trend.

Should we lavishly praise the judge, like a puppy who

FINALLY pooped on the newspaper?:mad:

6. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

This fellow got exactly what he deserved. A policeman lost his life as a direct result of this man's illegal gun sale. His attorney mentioned his troubled childhood. Every body has a trouble childhood.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, if they were supposed to let people go free

because of "troubled childhoods" I could get away

with killing more people than Hitler.

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

He sewed the wind and reaped the whirlwind. Justice in action.

What I find interesting is that many members here believe that the Constitution of the United States guarantees the rights of all Americans, without exception, to own firearms. As the Constitutions does not mention that certain groups can be proscribed from having guns. Under those circumstances, the seller would have done nothing wrong in selling to someone he suspected had a mental illness.

To me that presents a riddle. If some people can have firearms and some people can't have, then the whole issue is who decides the parameters of ownership.

I suppose that is why we have several levels of courts in our system of justice.

The founders were wise men.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  9. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Damn, aint that the truth. A buddy of mine used to say "everybody's family is f*cked up." Same difference.

Holder needs to be in jail.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I really think if you read the reasons for the 2nd Amendment or any other you could better understand the "Bill Of Rights". It seems the Liberals choose to ignore the Federalist Papers. Liberals are in the business of creating victims. Without new victims they are like Vampires recruiting through blood sucking. :eek:

11. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Gee, what a novel idea, punish the law breaker instead of law abiding gun owners. Who would have thought?

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

We as responsible gun owners and pro-constitution types know that giving dangerous items to dangerous people is a very bad idea. Someone that is mentally I'll does not have the mental capacity to respect another person's right to life. Hell, we got a whole segment that thinks yanking the brains out of living babies is perfectly ok... the constitution covers mentally ill and criminals by the act of due process of a court of law.

Someone that is found to be crazy, or a convicted criminal, we have decided as a society to have met due process. This is done on a case by case basis. Liberals think its ok to deny rights based solely on their personal feelings. Libs don't like guns so they are ok trampling on everyone else's constitutional rights across the board man woman child without due process

13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

This happened in Montgomery County, which is just outside of Philadelphia. I don't know what would have happened in Philly, but Montco is a red county. Manned, managed and run by Republicans.

To hell with his upbringing, childhood, socio economic life, he committed a terrible crime leading to a LEO death, lock his tail up for a long time.

Maybe Rahm Emanual and King Bloomberg need to take notice.

14. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

My childhood was okay, as far as I can remember and from what I'm told (long term memory loss).

Now, my mid twenties....yeah, I was troubled then.