A new twist on those we remember on veterans day.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by canebrake, Nov 11, 2012.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A new twist on those we remember on veterans day.

I would like to do a switch from the attention to the vets to their spouses.

They served every-bit as much as we did and get little thanks so.........

To Mrs. Canebrake, thanks for being there when I wasn't. For all those flat tires, kids dentist trips, dog feedings and every single thing you were faced with while I was deployed!

Thank you for being excited with my return and not bringing up all the work you had done!

I love you and am proud of your service to our country!

[​IMG]

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

Amen to the above, excellent post Canebrake.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Cane has brought up an excellent point. many of the wives of servicemen when they are deployed have to do everything when their spouse is deployed.

another excellent post Cane.

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

What a good idea. The unsung heroes. I say thanks as well. Some had no one come home, or with serious injury.

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Good on ya Cane !!

I have a niece whos husband has been on a ship for the last 8 months I believe. They have 3 boys and the youngest is the girl. The niece is a great mom and keeps those kids busy. Her whole fb page is filled with supporting the troops and those kids. They are very well behaved, loved, and mannered.

Halloween 2012

.facebook_580071240.jpg

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

trying to get a bj aren't you :p

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

The former Mrs. Trip of nearly eight years was screwing every other Marine and a few sailors she could get her hands on. Really looking out for her spouse. She gets no support.

But the good ones? They deserve a medal.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

And sometimes my friend they have to pick up the pieces when we do get home.
    Great call on this thread.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

My favorite stripper (I say that jokingly, because she used to be one) is a perfect example of this.

She puts my brother back together everytime he comes home.

11. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i don't know how my great grandmother did it, a husband & 2 sons all overseas at the same time. granted, great grandpa was far from the lines in WWII serving on the office & personnel side of things. but the fact that 3/5 of that family potentially could have never come back must've been a nerve rattling experience for her.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I know exactly what you mean. My great grandmother had a husband and five sons overseas, all of them on the front lines or very close to it.

She was left at home with her only surviving daughter, and a boy who was 7 when they all left, he was several years older when the last came home, a POW who was a bit of a late arrival (total of two POW's). That boy was my grandfather, who later went to Korea, and stayed out of the mix as well as he could as a communications guy (don't know what they were called back then).

Every last one survived. My family buried it's last WWII vet on my grandfather's side this past summer, and it's only Korean vet in 2009.

My grandmother's brother is still alive, and served in Korea with my grandfather (he introduced the two, but tried to keep them apart), and later served in Vietnam, also in communications. Other than a larynectomy and several bouts with cancer, he seems to intend to stick around for a while.

Funny, no military history on my Dad's family, but several potters. They've been called, I kid you not, the "rockstars of the pottery world". WTH?

Sorry. The ADD has been kicking my butt today.