A New Low For CTD (9mm in stock)

Discussion in 'In Stock' started by HOSSFLY, Mar 29, 2013.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Hoss - Had to check it myself, not to question yer integrity, I just couldn't believe what I found! WTF?

3. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I want to believe thats a typo.........
    If not, are they out of their f@#&%*g mind!!

If anyone pays that price, i hope they shoot themselves in the foot....or more

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Don't blame you-
    I had to look twice :eek:

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

I am a retired pawnbroker. In my store, there was always things to see. It was full of good clean items everybody wanted. How did I maintain an inventory? My prices were high. I knew they were high. Sometimes higher than new price.

The last thing I wanted was an empty, unstocked store. I wanted a shop where you walked in, and it was Christmas day.

Did I piss people off at my prices? Who cares. I sold stuff right and left, paid the bills, and had a great living.

CTD is just making a living in times when fools elected a Kenyan to run (ruin) America.

Would you rather visit their site and they had zero inventory? I prefer prices be high, so there are choices available for my cash money. No choices in an empty store is the worst thing, that serves no one.

6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

CTD will never get one damn dime from me. i hope the outfit gets boycotted and folds.

7. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Holy buckets of crap !!!!

Did I read that right??? $69.50 for a box of 50 ????....
    I picked up 3 boxes of the exact same at my local Ma & PA 3 weeks ago for $15 each...???
    Do they even realize how bad this is going to be for return business by longtime shooters in the long run ????
    Cheaper Than Dirt my @$$ !!!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  8. Altergreen

Altergreen New Member

$69.50 for 50 rounds? Someone must be crazy!

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I have 100 rounds of Tula that I want to sell, anyone want to make me an offer?

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I received this email from them today.

image-4023711976.jpg

I like the price of the S&W M&P!?!?! WTF!!!

12. kingrider

kingrider New Member

They lost my business long before this mess. Customer service has been going in the crapper for a while. The last order I placed with them I was charged twice on my credit card. Honest mistake, no big deal to me. I call to get the overcharge corrected and was talked to horribly. This was not the first bad experience I have has with them either.

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dam, they're all over the place in pricing :confused:

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'll give the $10 a box it should be :p

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

HOSS,

You all are correct they are Fn Crazy! That is gouging and not only that, crap ammo on top of it. You would at least think it would be Federal, Winchester or something decent. But as stated, they must be out of their mind and I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to buy the crap at that price! If they need a box that bad, they surely could find someone to sell them 20-50 rounds for their pistol at a whole lot less than that ridiculous price.
    Just proves a point "You Can't Fix Stupid!"

16. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Despicable is what that is - I've long since unsubscribed from their mailings. That is freakin sad and they should be called out for that BS!!

17. Caoimhin

Caoimhin New Member

Shop around there are a lot of places on the web to order from. CTD charges 3 times as much shipping as any others do. I just had UPS deliver 500 rds of brass case copper jacket 9mm total charge $141. The moment they stopped selling Assault style weapons I canceled my subscription and e-mail updates from them. They back tracked but I did not. Good luck and good shooting.

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Pawn shops are notorious for preying on the misfortune of people. Buy at under 50% of the true value then sell at 110% and trying to make people believe that is a good deal. There are exceptions to this rule and it's shops that are the exception that get my money. Your logic says I should sell a Bersa for 700 bucks because I only have one and don't want to run out.

Basically there are two types of businesses.Those that work on lower profit per piece and try to sell more or those that sell at the highest profit and sell less. Is either wrong? Not for me to say. But I don't like paying more than something is worth so I stay away from the places that attempt to make me pay more.

I'm willing to bet that you do not go to a store and pay more just because you support their desire to keep things on the shelf. I don't see you looking at ads and seeing who charges more and jumping in the car all too ready to give away more money than you need to on a daily basis. Or maybe you do, I've heard people use less logic in their finances. 10.00 a gal gas sound good to you? I'll still pay the lower amount as long as I can :p

There's nothing wrong with making a profit. That's what businesses do. But at some point there has to be a sense of conscience.

But maybe you're right, they [CTD] are just trying to make sure they have plenty of stock. I'll do my part to make sure any place that has such practices have more stock by not lowering it with my money. I'll be expecting a thank you letter from CTD for my help in their cause :rolleyes:

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree on all- I've bought quite a few boxs at Walmart for $9.95