A new direction for me...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PrimePorkchop, Jul 27, 2012.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

If any of you have free time in your day to day, i'm really hoping to get some followers. Now, first let me say - I #$@!&ing hate the word "blog" but I don't know what else to call it, so we'll say i've started to "Write" my day to day thoughts down in an effort to bring information to people who normally wouldn't seek it out.

Obviously, you're not my target audience, im getting quite a bit of information from this site EVERY SINGLE DAY...but what i was hoping for is followers to help spread and expand. It costs you nothing, and the more readers I have that are giving feed back, the better writer i'll become.

I was approached by my local News Station and asked if i'd be willing to provide time to time opinions and information on a few things, as i've been very vocal in my community on certain issues, particularly on their website & Facebook page...so I feel like, at least in some very small way, I finally have a voice to get some information out there...and I don't want to screw it up.

Here's the URL

http://noddablog.blogspot.com/

Warning...my posts tend to be lengthy.

WHat im trying to concentrate on is flow and maintaining interest...I realize that's a difficult thing to accomplish with such long posts, but I feel like if I leave anything out, I might lose them through ignorance of the facts...

any feed back at all is most appreciated...especially if something i've said in there is wrong.

Check back often, if you're interested, as I usually have something to say on the day-to-day =)

Thanks in advance

-PPC

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I like it PPC! Keep up the good work, and yes I will be following your non-blog.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

.......... ;)

Attached Files:

4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

You are singing to the choir. Every politician should understand this.

5. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Bookemarked, I will be following.
    I just read it, FANTASTIC writting. I am going to be posting a link on my FB, I hope that's OK with you Porkchop.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  6. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Hell Yes! =)

Absolutely okay with me!

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

8. jasrrt

jasrrt New Member

You have a gift with words young man. Good job.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

PPC, I have one bit of advice, if you don't mind. Drop the 'Criminal' in the addressing of Quinn. Regardless of whether he is or not, you're not wanting to just preach to the choir, but attempt to sway the pagan's to the light of the truth, sir. Thus, bludgeon them with the truth, but don't start by tossing burning coals in their faces.

10. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

That is very good advice.. I struggled with that idea before posting... Alas I was weak and frustrated.. But it's good to have friends to point it out.

With the new design I'm working on right now, I'll also adopt a new direction ... No more hyperbole

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  11. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Well, I've given it a new look...and am attempting a new direction ... hopefully I can get some people interested! (Thanks to all who have visited, commented, and given suggestions!)

http://noddablog.blogspot.com

12. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Sweet stuff! I'll be sharing this.

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

PPC, the site looks amazing! You also did a great job on the articles. If you can get people to just go to it, it shouldn't be hard to get more followers. Have you tried announcing it on facebook, twitter, ect?

14. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Oh yeah have done both :).

I'm still new at the whole thing though lol and still got lots of articles to write (research takes forever!)

But my next one will be of interest I'm sure :)

15. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Everytime I speak my mind it gets me in trouble. :mad: Gift of gab was certainly not given to me, if you dont want to hear it stay the hell away from me. Work with what you got!

Badshot

16. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Hmm...either you meant to post in a different thread or you think my site ... needs work =)

Trust me man, I've got thick skin...lay it on me....you can even PM me if it helps you

17. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

I meant your gtg, I was refering to my lack of tact. Im jealous. OK added as an edit Id watch the Carlin quotes, hes funny but.....I wouldnt want to be locked in a room with him to long. Dead or not.

Badshot

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  18. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Oh I see lol sorry I read that all wrong

But thank you :)

19. DogOne

DogOne New Member

The writing goes without saying, but i just want to give you a pat on the back for making your non-blog a well maintained easy flowing professional website, and not a resemblance of some 5th graders computer class geosites abortion of a webpage. thank you sir for not only the passing of correct information, but not looking like one of those "Amys Page!!1!!1OMG1!" anger inducing self made sites that deserve to be nuked from orbit.

20. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

LOL! I do appreciate the comment, and laughed at the memory of geocities....back in the day, geocities, angelfire, and tripod were all people seemed to know how to do =) My my my, web technology has come a LONG ways!!

There's a new post up on my Not-A-Blog.

I know it's preaching to the choir, but felt like sharing it anyways =)

It's talking about common myths in the gun-control debate, and I attempt to put some of them to rest once and for all...as always, please contribute, especially if you see something I may have gotten wrong...im still working on polishing my message and approach...maybe one day i'll actually be good at this :cool:

Fact v.s. Fiction (Part 1)

http://www.notablog.info