A New Day in Human Evolution on the Horizon

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BigByrd47119, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

This is pretty awesome right here. I will let the article do the talking.

More at link: http://drudgegae.iavian.net/r?hop=h...an-age-of-clean-unlimited-energy-8590480.html

Even if you dont buy into man made global warming (I dont) this still must excite. The world is about to change forever if it all comes together...

*Disclaimer*
    This is not a conspiracy, but as it has not yet been assembled and tested, I felt this the most appropriate place for it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Sounds great. I hope it works.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Wouldn't it be more economical to develop a way to harness the power of lightning?

4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Probably not in a consistant and controlable manner like fusion.

5. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Surprised there hasnt been more comments.

This is a "man discovers fire" type of an event!

FWIW, it puts within contemplation Einsteins theory on light speed travel. Because it provides a surplus of energy, we may be able to provide the infinite energy needed for light speed travel (in theory in my mind).

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

These things really work. In England 1,000 years ago the Druids built "Stone Hinge". It seems they put up this stone circle to save the world. Here we are 10 centuries later. That Damn thing has worked quite well. ;)

7. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Indeed so it would seem :)

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

No... This is a ''man gets together to rub sticks and hope it works'' type of event.

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

There are a few inventions/discoveries that are truly outstanding in human history. This would be one of them. If these people can make fusion energy work, everything changes.

The mid-east oil sheiks and their like are going to be really, really pissed. The islamo-fascists will lose their source of funding.

Considering their high cost of operation, wind and solar energy projects become obsolete overnight.

No new nuclear, oil, coal, or NG power plants. Companies that supply these materials will take a huge hit.

Eisenhower's vision of non-metered electricity may actually become real. Just subscribe to a feed and who cares how much you use.

10. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Not really. You see, as an object increases in speed it actually increases in mass as well, proportionately increasing the amount of energy necessary to accelerate the object. This is the problem with light speed. At the speed of light an object would have infinite mass, therefore reaching that speed requires infinite energy.
    In short, quantity of energy isn't really the problem because no quantity would ever be sufficient.

11. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Well that makes sense. It just seems to me that the limitation was always "need infinite energy" and the ability (in theory) of this device to do that solves that problem.

Or so I thought.

Mosin

This is a bit more than people rubbing sticks together in the hopes of making fire.

12. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Actually, it DOESN'T make sense. Anymore.

He is correct by the constraints of Einstein's mass–energy equivalence formula (E = m * c-squared), however, as good as it may be it is not perfectly accurate especially in all circumstances. 100 years later we know a little more...

No, don't expect anyone to be able to go back to November 2008 and get the news out in the nick of time...

13. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Ahh the posibilities!

14. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Sadly the odds are a lot of us here will die of old age before this reactor produces a kilowatt of commercial energy, that said it's pretty cool that so many nations can put aside their differences and cooperate on this project.

15. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

As in the first atomic bomb test a "possibility" is it could ignite the entire planet into one little star that won't last very long, lucky for us. Even the Man in the Moon won't be far enough away if that happens. Martians will be safe...

16. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

It's in France? You're right DFlynt...

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you lack forward thinking vision Hock. you need to open your eyes up to progress and change. it's new world out there. :D

science and technology are making huge leaps and bounds every day.

18. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

A Fukushima-like accident is impossible at Iter because the fusion reaction is fundamentally safe. Any disturbance from ideal conditions and the reaction will stop. A runaway nuclear reaction and a core meltdown are simply not possible,” he said.

Isn't that, more or less, the same thing that the builders of the Titanic said?

In the '50s the nuclear scientist said about the same thing. They also told us the the new reactors would make electricity so cheap, that it would not be worth while to meter it.......

I think a fusion experiment would be wonderful, if it took place on the Moon.

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I truly believe that if the money we foolishly pissed away on stupidity like wind and solar, had been invested in fusion, these type plants would already be online. :)

20. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Wikipedia stated that since the start of funding for that particular project, funding for it has been more than all other alternative forms of energy combined.

While I know what you mean, it makes me nervous putting all of our eggs in one basket like that.