A New Addition (yaay!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by SGT-MILLER, Jan 17, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Here's the new addition to my growing little family of home-defenders. I wanted a high-capacity 9mm, so I decided to go with the 16+1 Springfield XD9 full size. I personally think she's pretty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Very nice addition to the family. Well done sir.

JD

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I will admit that once I got home and really took a close look at the XD and all the components that came with it, I was rather impressed/pleased with the quality.

The main thing I have to get now is a tactical light, because those rails on that XD is screaming for something to be put on them...lol.

Thanks for the compliment. Range report is soon to follow.

P.S. I'll be posting a range report on my RIA 1911 and my PA63 here shortly because I finally went out to the range today and put a few hundred rounds through each.

4. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

5. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Good for you! congrats...

Congratulations my friend, I hope that you enjoy it and only you have to use it in the range...
    I want a XD9(m)...:cool:

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You will not be disappointed in any way with that pistol. I love both of me XDs!

7. 741512th

741512th New Member

Excellent pistol. I was very happy with my XD9. Nothing bad to say about it at all. In fact, nothing but GOOD things to say about it.

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

The best part? You can load that mofo on Sunday and shoot it all week.

9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

...especially if I purchase the 32-round mags from Pro-Mag....lol.

The XD is what the Glock aspires to be. This model of pistol is now my 2nd favorite style of pistol. The first is the 1911 style (of course).

I may be purchasing an XDM in the near future. We'll see. :cool:

10. 741512th

741512th New Member

19 + 1 (9mm) in a regular size gun. Amazing.

11. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

I just bought the XDM 9 (19+1) and I'm thrilled. It's as accurate as I can make it and the hi-cap mags make you wonder when it'll run out. I mailled in the bonus offer for (2) free mags, hope to see those by early Feb.

This is my second XD and I have no complaints. Between the two, almost 1000 rounds with zero FTF.

12. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for them to come out with the XDM in .45acp and then I'll get 1 to try out.

13. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I would be impressed if they can put more than 14 rounds in the same package... imagine a 15rnd. of .45ACP in a pistol no bigger than a Glock 22 :eek:

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I love you Asmel - but here in the US, most us don't need more than 2 or 3 rounds, even with large assailants. :D

I think you will find most 1911 shooters are well versed in putting multiple shots on target in a short period of time and they are very adapt a "hot" reloads. :D

JD

15. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

In here the hi-cap is a must... multiple assailants, it depends on the situation, but they can be even 3 or 4, all of them armed and willing to kill, always under the influence of strong drugs, and maybe because in here the assailants are don't frightened by law officers neither armed victims, any shooting could last even minutes and under influence not only the fear fades away, the pain too, so a good caliber plus a hi-cap is a must... I could spend hours to explain the situation of Venezuela, but in resume carry (the bigger the better) is a need not an option.
    And initially I say that because I was thinking in that XD(m) is an improve of the regular XD, so the capacity of the XD9 and XD40 was increased, I figure how many more rounds could been put in the XD(m)45? :rolleyes: even 1 more would be enough...

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Asmel, 1911 Government in a 8+1 .460 Rowland, ask JD to hurry-up!

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I know, I Know!! Still paying off Christmas and the spousal unit went and got into a car accident, not her fault, but now we have to get a lawyer involved because the other person's policy had lapsed and the payment for said policy was in the mail, so person at fault's insurance company is not honoring the claim.

It's been an ugly month in the JD house, let me tell you...

Asmel: I completely understand your situation & your need for a bigger, better package. I believe there are a couple of companies out there that produce double stack .45 caliber 1911's. One of the guys here has one and loves it, but I can't remember who it is. It's still early and I haven't had any breakfast, so it will come to me later when I am a little more awake....

I think Springfield Armory, STI and possibly Para-Ord all stock double stack 1911's in their basic product line up. Don't know if any are available to you down there behind enemy lines though....

JD

18. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

19. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

In here we buy what we can instead what we want. USA has an embargo over Venezuela in firearms and military stuff... so we can't buy anything that says MADE IN USA and/or come from the States. And the only supplier and/or importer is CAVIM (the national armory/arsenal) so we only can buy what the government want to sell to us, and paying the price that they likes... a Glock or a Taurus cost about $3000 and you would expect pay about $4500 for a 1911 clone (Norinco or Armscor) or a Beretta... There are some gun shops that keep pre-ban american firearms but to abusive prices... a brand new Colt Python or Colt 1911 could reach $5000 easily, same as a high quality european firearm like H&K or Sig. And same is for ammo (A domestic CAVIM 9mm FMJ 25rnd. box cost about $40 and a cor-bon JHP cost about $75).
    And then comes the caliber subject... you only can carry up to 9mm/38spl calibers (.22lr .25ACP .32ACP .380ACP .38spl 9mm) the other calibers larger than that (357mag .40S&W .44mag .45ACP) are just for home defense and are not allowed to carry... other caliber off the previously mentioned can't be found anywere in here.:mad:

My father have a 9mm Star, I don't have my very own gun but I'm thinking in buy a Taurus Mod.82 4" revolver or a Taurus 24/7 9mm, or 2 firearms that could buy if a found them because don't stay 2 minutes in the shelves: Stöeger Cougar 9mm or a Baikal MP-446 'Viking' 9mm.... that are my options that I could afford... I'm in a budget... and I thinking in move out of Venezuela so it's a meney that I could save for others things, in the mean time I shoot the Star at the range on weekends (When we can spend in ammo).:rolleyes: