A new 1911 by....CZ?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Overkill0084, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-1911-a1/
    [​IMG]

So does anyone one know if this is a pseudo-GI spec Dan Wesson at a dang fine price and a CZ stamp? Or is it something else entirely?
    The "look" is reminiscent of DW to my eye, but that could very well be wishful thinking on my part. If it's a no frills DW, it could well be one of the better 1911 deals out there.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It kinda looks like a DW.
    Thanks for finding. If they kept the DW base, it would be a good deal.

3. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

This is not a good thing. I have a CZ fetish and a 1911 fetish. The combination could bankrupt me. I thought my V-Bob was enough, but this could be a nice addition to the stable. Looks like a good solid 1911 that I wouldn't mind getting dirty and beat up a little.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

OK, I'm stumped......what part of this 1911 gives it a DW "look"? Aside from the MSH, the roll mark and stocks, sure looks like a R1 to me. Or maybe just another 1911? Hell, I don't know.....I like CZ so I'll probably get one when it shows up....priced right.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

After lusting for 1911s as long as I have, you can "tell" who made it just from the looks.
    Les Baer has a distinctive look that (to me) says "Yep, I drive Mustangs. I am Les Baer".
    Dan Wesson (now owned by CZ) and Ed Brown have their distinctive looks (and look very much alike).
    And STIs are in a class by themselves.
    Colts and Springfield Armory (when similar models are laid side-by-side) display a difference that is kinda hard to explain, but they are different.

Others are harder to identify by sight alone. But considering that there are sub-contracts in the manufacturing, this is normal.

Dern, I love 1911s.

6. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

It looks as it is labeled. 1911 A1.

Arched MSH. . . and. . . nothing else

7. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Yep. But it will most likely work seamlessly, and be priced very competitively. If so, it will sell.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk