A MUST Read....

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by clr8ter, Dec 9, 2011.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

One Second After, By william Forstchend.

One of the most disturbing books I've ever read. Even though it is fiction, nothing in it is farfetched. It got me thinking, and made some VERY pointed arguments. Not until this book have I really given stocking extra food a thought.

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yes, good book, bad scenerio. Have you read "Patriots" by James Wesley Rawles. Given the European credit situation, Rawles maybe a profit as well as an author.

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

clr,

Isn't it amazing when reading some of the books published today and in the past and watching some of the movies that I have seen lately. It seems there are some pretty smart people out there not being superstitious, that almost tell us what is going on today and coming that they advised us of. Don't know for sure what it is but they sure seem to have forethought of events. I will have to get the books you and downsouth mentioned.

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Those two are a good start. If you like reading at all, you will blow thru them. Be prepared! Your "gut feeling" will come to the forefront of your thinking.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

downsouth, I haven't read Patriots. Sniper03, yeah, I agree, it gets you thinking, huh?

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I would highly recommend it. Rawles does a superb job of taking the reader into the mindset of crisis survival. The novel is a preppers guide into what it may take to survive a total collapse of society. The pretense of the crisis closely resembles todays headlines about bailouts, credit crunches, and national debt. It's not a cheery subject matter, Rawles will take you in dark places during the course of the book.

Although Rawles is easy to read in content, he jumps from character to character in his writing style. I had to kinda do a reset of where I was in the story because of this. Not really a big thing. This style is even more prevelent in his last book, SURVIVORS.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

See the "Recommended Reading" in the sticky section at the top of this subforum. One Second After and a bunch of other books are available there.

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

10/4 Will do. Thanks

9. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Thanks BKT :), it's a great source, gonna start reading One second after :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011