A Must Read!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by chopkick, Apr 19, 2009.

1. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Folks I just finished listening to a book that I bought and downloaded from ITunes. It's called "One Second After". The story is set in a small town in the mountains of North Carolina not far from Asheville. It takes you through the horrors of what will predictably happen if our enemies were to attack us using an EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) weapon.
    Gotta tell you that it opened my eyes and put me into a whole different mindset of preparedness.
    One Second After.jpg

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Interesting. I have a trip coming up Chop, I might have to download to the Kindle for the plane voyage.....

Thanks for the heads up!

JD

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Pretty scary if you think about everything that we use on a daily basis that would be affected by an EMP. :eek:

Thanks for the tip, I may have to pick that up. :)

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The AK is immune to EMP.:D

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

This is true... HOWEVER one EMP can wipeout virtually every electronic and electric device in a city, state, or country depending on how big the EMP is. That laser you have sitting on your AK will be a boat anchor...

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

If the Professor on Gilligan's Island can make electronics out of coconuts, I think we'll be okay.

And I hate my freakin cell phone, anyhow.:D

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Amen to that. I long for the day I no longer have to carry one.

Attached Files: