A Mini 14 Forum!!!!

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by LikeABoss, Jun 10, 2014.

1. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Superfantastic........

2. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

AND...a poster named HAWKGUY!!!!!

whooohooo!!! :p

now, go post a pic in the gallery of yer mini! :D

3. hawkguy

dammit, you already did. i'm getting plain useless around here!

4. LikeABoss

thanks for the warm welcome hawkguy

5. hawkguy

glad to have you here! as you can see...this forum can get a bit dead at times, but it picks up sometimes also. the best part, there are lots of knowledgeable posters here, if you come with questions.

btw, nice mini! :) i see you have optics on the way, do you plan any other changes?

6. hawkguy

btw, PERSONALLY, i love the look of the tactical mini dressed in wood! :cool:

Attached Files:

7. sandog

sandog Member

Nice grain in that wood stock !

8. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Posted in the gallery also. My Mini with trigger job, gas port bushings and adjustment done, bedding and barrel cut, crown and thread. Ultimak, Aimpoint and muzzle break added. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1402667714.682022.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1402667730.232804.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1402667742.019475.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. hawkguy

nice! we can never have enough "mini pin ups" imo! :p

10. hawkguy

that was a limited edition tactical mini with a high quality walnut stock. at one point before the panic, one company put them (and stainless ranch models) on sale for 599!!!! :eek: never had i wished i was a lottery winner more....:p won't see that again, i am pretty sure the only chance to score one of these now is on the secondary market.

those types of prices are a distant memory.....:(

11. LikeABoss

I could dig a wood stock, I could play my mini like I used to play with my Mr. Potato Head, Sythetic Today, Wood Tomorrow.....anybody out there make some real originals that you know of?

12. hawkguy

yeah, just like me and all the accessories that went with my barbie collection....or, er...somethin like that anyways. :eek: well, i just collect for monetary value these days.

i always hated it when my mean ol uncles used to call our GI JOE's "dolls"....like, "pick up yer dolls, we're going to the store..." :p

heh...now i can only return the favor by humiliating MY nephews! :D

ok, no more talk of my dysfunctional family. :rolleyes:

here's a new factory wood stock, ready to order:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/86...-blued-wood-stock-models?cm_vc=ProductFinding

or a few used options:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...w=ruger+mini+14+wood+stock&_sacat=0&_from=R40

remember: NO 180 series! and get the hardware required to make the change over (mag reinforce, foreend liner, and screws/washers).

one more link that might interest you :D:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk....Xmr+potato+head&_nkw=mr+potato+head&_sacat=0

13. hawkguy

ok, FYI....i thought this was expensive, but in reading the comments it comes with all the hardware installed...this would just be a drop in. that makes a difference, cause if you had to buy the hardware separate, it would cost an additional 30-40 or so. thus, the $100 for this stock isn't unreasonable, but a fair price imo.

14. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Wood is stronger, but the carbon composite is lighter and it won't rot or warp.

Attached Files:

15. hawkguy

very true.....

but wood is sexier! and that my friend, is the end of THIS debate. ;)

16. LikeABoss

Just ordered the Mr. Potato Head camo dress up....Thanks HawkLikeABossGuy!

17. uanda

uanda New Member

no matter what you do to it, it'll never be the rifle that an AR is, for a fact. Durability, accuracy, trigger pull, optics, silencer, rustproof finish, chromed bore, , you name the value, and the AR's got more of it.

18. hawkguy

you raise some interesting points....troll. :p

19. LikeABoss

I find it interesting that AR15 owners virtually always feel the need to chime in, it’s as if there is an insecurity issue or if they’ve been insulted … or as if they are compelled to convince a Ruger owner that their AR is better than your Mini. It’s nice to know their opinion – but its the same old song and after awhile I get tired of hearing it. Just like an opinion (and I’m sure mine will stink to AR owners as well), everyone has individual preferences as well.

I’ve experienced AR jams, and know of others that would rather pick up an AK (or better yet to have a Walmart close by where they could run in and buy a Mini) and run with it when SHTF just to avoid being in a jam than carry an AR. There, that said, comparing Mini’s and AR’s for functionality, the Mini wins. Cost, the Mini wins again. Show up at your favorite hunt camp with your Mini and feel welcomed, show up with your AR and they’ll laugh at you -whether it’s more accurate then what they are shooting or not. If I want to out shoot an AR I’ll buy an M1A1 or M14, I can get over the weight of one, just not the price. So I’m happy and content to keep shooting my Mini in the field and at matches. A Mini sets in the place where the AR once was.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  20. hawkguy

well, i'm an AR owner! :cool:

all i can say is there is always at least ONE in every crowd. i defend the mini, cause in my experience it has been a very good gun. i also defend my AR, cause it is also a very good gun. they are each a different experience.

i prefer my mini overall. but i also prefer mustard on a corn dog...its just a preference. when someone thinks it goes beyond that....:rolleyes:

both the mini and AR have their ups and downs, imo. and in my experience, both are worthy of ownership.

i had a friend who's AR jammed up quite a bit, and it shied me away from AR's a bit. however, i came to realize his efforts at keeping his guns well maintained, wasn't well....wasn't very good to put it nicely. :rolleyes:

my AR has 500+ rounds...zero malfunctions. that is my experience.

i can enjoy both. and i think most shooters that give each an honest try, would likely feel the same.

if you really dislike one or the other....what is the point in running down someone else's choice? that is the part i don't understand. :confused: