Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found on another forum, sharing with all.

Nothing best captures Independence Day like this letter that John Adams wrote to his wife Abigail in 1776. What was originally July 2nd later became our 4th.

Keep the faith.

“The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."

John Adams (The Book of Abigail and John: Selected Letters of the Adams Family, 1762-1784, Harvard University Press, 1975, 142).

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Thx for the post. We need more stories from 1776 on the 4th of July. It would be better than the 4th of July Sales at Walmart on sweat sox? :eek: One of my favorits, The Patriots pulled down the big bronze and lead casting of King George. They melted it down and cast it into 42,000 musket balls.:D

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Muslims worship the god of Abraham, just as Jews and Christians do. "Allah" =God.

They may say they worship the same God but they sure have a peculiar way to do it. Killing women for being raped (why aren't the left wing feminist saying anything about this) among some of the things they do, oh yea and flying airplanes into buildings. You remember that part don't you, you know, "WE WILL NEVER FORGET" Oh and Madison was a Christian. I know, you have a friend who is muslim and he's a "very nice guy". The point was the framers of the constitution were Christian not muslim. islam isn't about worshiping the God of Abraham it's about killing anyone who doesn't agree with their doctrine. They just hide behind the religion thing.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Muslims worship the god of Abraham, just as Jews and Christians do. "Allah" =God.
Kinda wrong there good buddy .
If im not mistaken they worship some MAN they proclaimed to be a profit from God , Made a bible to fit their life styles and beliefs , wrapped a towel around their head and started killing non followers ...... just to sum it up

Im going to stick with what the older book says :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Muslims abhor the idea of a Triune God that most Christians observe. If the god of Islam is not God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, it is not the same.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Trt reading the karan somtime it will scare the crap out of ya.
We need that letter to go to washington and have everyone read it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This post

With all due respect; Some here completely missed the point of the OP's post.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts