A long list of of desired pistols

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by FMtango, Aug 29, 2010.

1. FMtango

FMtango New Member

Well as this is my first post here I would like to say hello.
    Now that that is out of the way here is my quandry.
    Some time in the near future I am due to receive some much needed funds
    and am wanting to buy a new pistol either in .40 or .45. I like double/single action and decockers, this leaves me with a few non glocky looking choices.
    1. FNP or FNX
    2. CZ 75B
    3.Beretta PX4 Storm
    4. Ruger P944
    5. a three foot long sharp stick

Ok don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of Glocks I just like these better and am looking for something I may use for 3 gun comp in the future.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Of the pistols you listed, my preference would be the CZ. :cool:

Welcome here. When you get a chance, please head over to the New Member Introductions forum and introduce yourself to the folks.

3. jetgirl

jetgirl New Member

I have a list of desired pistols, too... my problem would be getting Jay to part with any of them! [​IMG]

4. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

All those (except Ruger) were in my list before buying along with Glock, H&K USP, S&W, and Sig. After long research, deliberation and all factors considered, I ended with Springfield XDm. Still very happy with my choice.

BTW, price, feel and fit played a lot in my decision so it is highly personal preference that is somewhat narrowed down by limited funds. ;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  5. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

Colt 1911(not A1)
    Glock G21
    Beretta 92F
    H&K Mk21
    SIG220
    Luger P08
    Browning Hi-Power
    S&W 4506
    Desert Eagle 44
    Wather PPK
    CZ97B
    Ruger P89
    Micro UZI 45
    Grendel P30

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

What is your purpose for this handgun? Is it just for fun or filling a certain need? What do you have already?

I don't have a wide range of experience, that's for sure, but none of those on your list would be anywhere near my top 20.

7. FMtango

FMtango New Member

Multi purpose Chris. I have that Hi-Power in my avtar and I am wanting either a .45 or a .40 for ccw and or compititon. The FNP/FNX and the Beretta are lighter than my FM, I really like the looks of the Beretta and CZ, both are quality firearms.
    I have medium sized hands and I can afford to go to a smaller frame that way.

8. Texgunner

Texgunner New Member

Of those you listed I like the CZ best. As for me I'm itching for a Sig P226.

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I don't doubt they are quality. The ratio of stuff that I know about firearms versus what I don't know has got to be about 1:1000.

For me, a bunch a features that work great for CCW wouldn't serve the best for competition, and vice versa. For example, sights that would serve a competition firearm well would probably be less than comfortable.

Best of luck. I love how there is a different firearm for every person, for every need, for every price point, for every use.

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

With this criteria, I can't believe a classic Sig P series is not on your list. They are pretty much the gold standard in this category of pistol...

11. kdog

kdog New Member

I have a CZ75 Pre "B" and love it. Don`t want to miss it.

But, my all time favortite ist still my Sig P226.
    A fantastic pistol.

Oh, both are in 9mm.

12. steve666

steve666 New Member

13. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

I'm jonesing for a 6" barrelled Colt Python.

14. hemiram

hemiram New Member

I have a few that I want really badly, not for any real reason, I just want them!

S&W 4506
    S&W 3913
    EAA Witness .45 fullsized.
    S&W 28
    S&W 29 or early 629
    Browning BDA .380

And a lever action .357 rifle.

15. hermitdave

hermitdave New Member

doesn't anyone like Rugers? I've owned many over the years and never
    had a problem -10-22, gp100, markII, super redhawk

16. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

On my list currently

Wilson Xtac(with alot of customized features I want)
    Kimber(not sure which model yet)
    Sig P226 in .40
    Rock Island GI 9mm

17. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Glock makes an excellent comp pistol, just so you know. ;)

18. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

Yeah, but why even apologize? Glocks are not for everyone.

Also, nothing wrong with taking "looks" of the gun into consideration either. :D

I think Glock is a landmark defining firearm that popularized the polymer movement. Still, it isn't for everyone.

19. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Glocks are not for everyone, I agree. I don't like how they look, or feel, consequently, I also don't like how they shoot.

20. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

In many ways I consider Glock the benchmark to what all other modern, tactical purpose, semis should be compared: light, reliable, no extraneous features, simplicity...I would like to own a Glock one day if I ever get used to the obtuse grip angle, or if Glock should ever make versions with a less severe angled grip.

For now I'll go with that other Teutonic "fan boy" brand. :eek: Fits my paws much better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010