A little savings?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Sep 3, 2012.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Face it, we can all always save a little more, right?
    Recently at work one guy told us how a friends wife would go through his pockets and take every $5 bill and save it. They used it for vacation cash.
    Well, I started doing it. In the first month I saved just over $100. :)
    You know that your going to spend that $5 on junk food or useless crap, so why not keep it?
    It's amazing how I look at that cash as absolutly unspendable.
    I now find myself hoping they don't have tens in the register for change so I can add to my growing collection.
    I save them until I get an even hundred, then put it in the safe.
    This batch will be grandkid cash when I go east to see my newest in January.

2. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

not a bad idea, might hafta start doin something like that.

when i finally got my head above water a couple years back, from my weekly pay i would put a minimum of $75 in savings, get $100 in cash for gas, groceries, entertainment, etc. & put the rest in checking for bills & such.

i've saved enough to where i could buy some pretty nice toys but the girlfriend & i really don't wanna be in this apartment forever, so it's all goin toward a future house purchase.

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Yeah. It's pretty nice.
    It's only five bucks, but it builds up fast. Save for a month and go out to a nice dinner.
    I live by cash, so it's good for me.

4. slim325

slim325 New Member

I throw all my change in mason jars you'd be suprised how fast that adds up to coins and one dollar bills