Firearms Talk banner

A little discussion

4K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  JimRau 
It's an interesting subject no doubt. How do you determine if someone needs the class or not? There isn't really a simple answer. I grew up around guns. I fully understand the capabilities of the weapon, intentional and not. Given that currently, millions of uneducated folks are buying up weapons and ammo, I see two avenues there. 1 is that the country is armed in preparation for anything bad that could happen and need us to rise up. The second is, there are a buncha gun totin fools that don't know the first dam thing about what they bought.

Yes, I can see it violating 2A to make you take a class. At the same time, I've seen those morons on the range and I'm more comfortable with my 11 year old shooting than those fools. So, yes, I think they should have a class. Kinda like they did hunters safety education and required it before you could get a hunting license. There was a cutoff point, in 1979 I believe it was. Born before, no need. Born after, required. And it should be a full day. You can't teach someone firearm basics in an hour. A full days class could at least get some of the more important points across. Create the same kinda guideline as they did for hunting. If you are 21 by today, then so be it. If you are 21 tomorrow, then your *** is in a class. It doesn't save us from all those who are already over the age, but it at least starts somewhere.

But maybe if the grabber had his own life saved by a dirty, rotten, no-good gun owner, he may reconsider, and become one of our staunchest supporters.
Nah, he or she would probably support suing you for infringing on the rights of the alleged robber/killer.

Again, I do see the infringement arguments, but very few people these days grow up with the background many of us did. They haven't been exposed to firearms and do not know how to act in accordance. These are the people that cause the signs at the range on the doors that say; COLD RANGE-MAGAZINE OUT CHAMBER EMPTY ACTION LOCKED OPEN as well as the "If you experience a failure or jam LEAVE YOUR WEAPON ON THE RANGE" I can't tell you how many times my buddies at the range tell me about inexperienced people taking weapons with issues back into the store and basically pointing them at the staff saying "something is wrong with this." I've actually seen those idiots point a malfunctioning weapon at the staff. Hence this is why I think there needs to be some sort of class for those people. Therefore, how can we determine who "they" are? It would be discriminatory to do anything other than anyone. Perhaps if we suggested and instituted this, they could be convinced to back off other things we don't like

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.