A list of handguns issued to Law Enforcement in the U.S. ?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TheHolsterStore, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHolsterStore

TheHolsterStore New Member

I am looking for a list of all pistols and revolvers issued to U.S. law enforcement agencies. Does anyone have any direction? Thanks in advance!

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

That is going to be a VERY long list. There are thousands of different agencies- Federal, State, local- with just about any handgun you can think of being carried by SOMEONE (with the possible exception of pinfire revolvers) The most common is probably some variant of Glock- but there are still S&W/ Colt revolvers in use, along with SIG, Browning, S&W, Beretta, Colt, (etc etc etc) pistols.

Good luck to you on THAT.

3. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Like C3 said.....would be a long list.. But the G22 seems to be the norm these days..Whenever i see an officer in uniform...i always chk out what they are packin..lol. Both my Brothers are LEOs, and have dated a few...all issued G22s. The retired LEOs that hang out at the shop talk about revolvers...and other issued equipment from the old days..One is retired State Patrol..let me shoot his old Blued Python..he carried.. Wear where it should be...but still a beautiful gun....Guess those were the days...?

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I have only searched for what agencies use in my area. Sherrifs use Sig, State Patrol use S&W M&P, PD use M&P (transitioning) next county over uses Glock. NCIS - Sig M11. Base/Gate security Beretta M9.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Lots of Glocks in Idaho LE. Mostly 45ACP, 40S&W and 9mm.

6. havasu

havasu Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Since this guy is hitting all of our forums with his one-post question, me thinks he has ulterior motives? ;)

7. KSDeputy

KSDeputy Member

I agree. 2150 headquarters, 2150 by.

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Looking up police service pistols should give a good idea of the most popular pistols to make holsters for. But then you also have to look at what departmental retention requirements are. You could need to make several variations of holster for each model of pistol.

9. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Glock, m&p, and sig seem to have the majority of law enforcement from Ohio to Illinois. I'm a railroader and my job takes me to many different cities in not so good of neighborhoods. Most of the LEO's I come across carry some form of those 3 makes.

10. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

I think his motives mayb to make holsters for law enforcement. Look at his user name

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Drops the question and vacates for over two weeks? Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.