A IWB holster for a Nighthawk Custom AAC 1911

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by StephanCTF, Jul 12, 2012.

1. StephanCTF

StephanCTF New Member

I'm looking for a holster for a Nighthawk Custom AAC 1911 this is essentially a full-size 1911 with: Railed "Recon Frame", oversized Heinie/Trijicon ledge Straight Eight suppressor sights 5 3/4 in barrel and ambi-safety

Attached Files:

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Contact Tommy Theis Theis Holsters and ask him.

Hard to beat in comfort and price!

3. StephanCTF

StephanCTF New Member

Thanks much, I'll definitely add him ta my comparisons, like the fact he has horsehide as a backing option

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

You plan on CC'ing this? Stephan, you are the man.

5. StephanCTF

StephanCTF New Member

Its surprisingly thin with the alumagrips

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't have an IWB holster for my AAC - but I do have one for my 4.25" and 5" carry pieces.

I got mine from Brigade Gunleather and got the Custom M-11.

The holster took about 5-6 months to get hand crafted, but when it showed up it fit like a hand going into a nice, comfy glove. It was a PERFECT fit and it wears really, REALLY well with my Milt Sparks thick carry belt. I love it and it's my only carry holster now (out of about a dozen I have tried).

Now with the rail and the extra tall sights (which you can dump if you go with the Osprey ;)) you will probably have to send them a pattern. I know they do custom work, so it might take a little longer.

Good luck. Buying a holster that you like is one of the most personalized decisions so I hope you end up finding the right one before you spend too much cash. :p

JD

7. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

I like these but is there a less expensive manufacture?

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

We have a member here "longballer71", he makes EXCELLENT leather IWB holsters. Give him a PM and he will definitely take care of you