A horrible incident in Fresno, CA

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DarinCraft, Feb 25, 2010.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

At 0900 hrs, Fresno SO deputies went to a trailer house in east Fresno County to serve a search warrant for an Arson. When the deputies arrived, they were met with gun fire from the suspect residence. Both deputies were struck and one was killed. The worst call an officer can here in CA is "11-99", officer down.

11-99 resulted in mass response from surrounding officer. A Reedley officer arrived and was met with gun fire and was struck. He is in non-reversing critical condition.

During the confusion several hundred rounds were fired. The suspect was using a sniper type rifle and handguns. Later today the suspect was found dead in the trailer from an unknown gun shot wound.

Local News Story

I have been out of law enforcement since 2007 and this still strikes close to my heart. This is a terrible day as one of my brothers reached his "End of Watch" and another is reaching his...

My prayers are with the Fresno County SO and the Reedley Police Dept. In memorial, I will change my Avatar to the "thin blue line" until their memorial..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Tragic. May that Officer rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers are with his family. I'm pulling for the others to return home to their families.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010

3. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

if the geography were different, it could have been my biological brother. Bless those brave men, and their families.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

God Speed Officer, and I hope that is not plural any time soon.

May the Valkyries that come for you be sent by Odin himself and your seat at the table be at His Right Hand!

*much respect*

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That is a terrible event, my prayers go out to the Family of the fallen Officer and to all his Brothers in Blue.

6. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

god speed to the officers and our prayers to the families.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Condolences to the fallen officer's family and a speedy, healthy recovery to the other officers injured. Their bravery, dedication and sacrifice in the line of duty, shall be respectfully acknowledged.

Jack

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I will pray for the fallen officers and their families.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

What a damn shame. A coward decides to shoot law enforcement while performing thier jobs and then takes his own life. If the assh*le puzzy were so tough, he would have not have taken others with him. He for sure is roasting in hell. To ambush those who come to your rescue is one of the most heinous acts ever. Douchebag right there.

For the fallen and injured, I feel for them and their families. Pissing on the offenders grave at every chance is encouraged. Godspeed good guys.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Prayers for the fallen and their family.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My prayers will definately be with the fallen, his friends, family and fellow officers.

12. Car54

Car54 New Member

A couple of guy's trying to do a job that few others want to do and struck down in their prime. Wishing the families, the coworkers, and friends, the strength to cope with the tragedy. My avatar will also be changed during this grieving period. I salute the fallen..

13. orangello

orangello New Member

That is so sad and unneccesary. If the guy was so adamant about not going in, he should've just left town, weak.

14. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I just found out my brother went to the academy with the Deputy that was killed and they were pretty good friends. He was also the husband of my Aunt's best friend. I didn't know it, but I had met him several times at weddings and LE functions. Awesome guy 40's married with two kids.

The Reedley Officer was a Vet of the Iraq war with the Marines. He is on life support and is brain dead. They're keeping him alive for organ donor status. He was a rookie cop of 2 years. He volunteered at every community function there was. He was 28, married with a baby girl at home.

This just keeps getting worse. The suspect who shot himself was being investigated for taking pot shots at the neighbors, lighting a fire under the trailer of neighboring elderly woman. No reason yet as to why they didn't use the SWAT team for the warrant service.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  15. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I am so sorry Darin, it just makes it so much harder when you actually knew the officer.

16. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Better Place

I really do believe the good guys go to a better place, it is my main aim in life to be the best person I can be. God willing

17. Car54

Car54 New Member

Darin, we've been through this many times before and it still doesn't get any easier. It doesn't matter whether your an active, retired, State, Fed, Local, or County officer, when things like this happens it's as if the knife was plunged into us also. All we can say is pass on our deepest sorrow and condolences to those involved and to all who knew both of the officers.

Attached Files:

18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member