A holster that works for M&P M2.0 380EZ w/laser ???

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Flinchy, Jul 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

So far I have found exactly 1 (one) holster (IWB, OWB, Shoulder, other) that appears to work with either the M2.0 380 EZ with the factory installed Crimson Trace LG-459G laser, or an owner installed CMR-206 (green) or CMR-201 (red) laser. The URL is at the bottom of this post.

This pistol is enough different in dimensions that the holsters for other Shield family weapons do not work - add a laser and forget it! (an H&K USP Compact leather holster will hold a non-laser 380EZ almost perfectly. Also, holsters made for the Walther PK380 handle the 380EZ without lasers)

Wondering if anyone has found something that works amid the mountain of claims from eBay and pop ups on Facebook. Looking for IWB for wife, who will not use a belt, so must clip to trousers. Her 380EZ has the factory installed LG-459G laser.

For a weapon that is supposed to be a hot seller pretty much for the last year and half there is a decided lack of leather and/or kydex to hold them in Concealed Carry locations.

Please, if you have not pressed a laser equipped 380 EZ into a holster don't speculate whether a holster for a different M&P Shield will work or not. The few that I've tried don't work.

At best a non-laser 380 EZ fits nearly perfectly in a Master's holster for the HK USP.

Fusion Holsters -
    https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=Ez+380+laser+holster&lr&sa=X&hl=en&as_qdr=all&biw=1112&bih=737&tbs=cat:1783,vw:l,init_ar:SgVKAwj3DQ==,ss:44&prmd=sivn&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:4621129445000972002,paur:ClkAsKraX4tR1mRIjDDClqX_1Z_qyjppTvF9qwaXvdeD5kJbkGGj23OLqAlEwTAp83oHzU6b_0Mz0v5G5PpRTewdIxqUCAqFQNleJM711Wr9IflNXtlyBGefUhIZAFPVH73tMf0nfx2lS-jLaTpjSl_nnqJP0g,prmr:1,pid:4621129445000972002&ved=0ahUKEwiEpd7y96zjAhUUHM0KHUieCsgQgjYI4Ac

2. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

3. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

My bad, I typed in EZ but that popped up :eek:o_O

4. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

Same problem I've encountered. The holster makers don't seem to know their own market as well as they should. I know how to work leather, but haven't had the tools for 40 years or more.

I'll keep looking; thanks again.

5. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

How long have they made the EZ with the Lazer? It does take holster manufacturers a while to catch up

6. BillM

BillM Well-Known Member Supporter

Alabama Holster Company. https://www.alabamaholster.com/

They list the combo you are looking for, and will custom build.
    Absolutely outstanding warranty----I cracked a LCP pocket holster after
    10 years of every day carry. They replaced it.

7. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

BillM: thanks. It is a little confusing if they make holsters for just the factory installed laser or the ***-on lasers. If I get that far into this I will email and talk to them first. I prefer leather for its supple forming to my getting older body, but kydex has not been ruled out.

8. BillM

9. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

10. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

Okay, the wife has shifted her thinking and is now looking for a "sticky" holster, like a Desantis Super Fly, to stabilize her 380EZ inside her rather large purse.
    Getting confused trying to figure out what model number of the Super Fly that would work with her pistol.

11. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

Time for an update. Still searching high and low for a paddle style OWB holster for 380EZ with CT green laser, either factory installed or aftermarket. I cobbled together an Uncle Mike's #16 with a paddle, from some other project, and it works pretty darned good. Good enough that Uncle Mike's discontinued that particular holster so back to Square 1.
    Going to list my research results in next post to try and help save people some legwork.

12. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

Companies that do NOT make holsters for 380EZ w/laser - 6/28/2020

Alien Gear Holsters - www.aliengearholsters.com
    Barsony - www.barsonyholsters.com - might take laser, not in comments
    Blue Star Holsters - bluestarholsters.com - no mention of laser option
    Clinger Holsters - clingerholsters.com - no listing for EX with laser
    Craft Holsters - www.craftholsters.com
    Concealment Express - www.concealmentexpress.com - no laser
    Don Hume - www.donhume.com - no option for laser on EZ holster
    Galco - Galco Tuck-N-Go 0 no laser option
    Kramer Holsters - www.kramerleather.com - laser option not available
    CORECTED - MTR Custom Leather - see post #16 below.
    Outbags USA - www.outbagsusa.com - nothing for 380 EZ
    Relentless Tactical (Defender) - relentless-tactical.com - 380 EZ not listed.
    Tactical Scorpion Gear - tacticalscorpiongear.com - no mention of EZ
    Tulster Holsters - tulster.com - no mention of laser option
    Wethepeopleholsters.com - no option for laser in IWB or OWB

Feel free to correct me if you have purchased a holster from one of these Vendors that does work with a 380EZ and Crimson Trace laser, either type.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  13. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

To append Post #13, I have ordered a VersaCarry Ranger #1 holster to see if it handles either or both 380 EZ with the C/T 205 or the C/T 459 laser. Will report back after it arrives and gets an everyday workout.

I gave serious consideration to the JM4 Tactical magnetic lock holster, then realized I didn't want that much magnet anywhere near my wallet and credit cards. https://jm4tactical.com/magnetic-quick-click-carry-holsters/xl-short-w-laser/

Urban Carry lists their hybrid holster for 380 EZ plus laser, but it is another magnetic design and as stated above, I'm averse to magnets near credit cards.
    https://urbancarryholsters.com/order-owb-leather-holster-laser-light.html

14. BillM

MTR no holsters? Did they quit making them?

upload_2020-6-29_7-12-36.png

15. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

16. Flinchy

Flinchy Member

UPDATE: Have purchased and started using IWB the VersaCarry Ranger in size #1. This holster DOES NOT actuate the Crimson trace green
    CMR-206 laser during drawing or holstering the weapon. VersaCarry380EZ.jpg