Firearms Talk banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
4,792 Posts
efffective range claims 150 m , as far as muzzle climb the action moves downward instead of back , I had it apart tonight cleaning the factory goo off the guts , very very simple and I must say the way the bolt moves downward is a very very ingenious idea .very smooth action , seems pretty solid for having alot of poly on it , stock is good and solid when locked in , 4 pins pull out to take it apart and disassemble it , most claim that it will shoot basically any type of FMJ , HP and HD rounds . The trigger is a big different and it wasnt very smooth at first , some of this was the factory goo that was slathered in the hammer but I gave it about 400+ dry fires with just the trigger system and it cleaned up and smoothed out alot . Im not going to get it out til the aimpoint shows up next week as .45 seems to be on the short also .
I do like how light it is 5.8# and very very well balanced , I added the vert grip and lengthened the rear stock a tad to fit me better .It also came with a damn nice set of the new design diamond head flip up sights . 30 rd mags hold about 25 unless you have a loader to load them , Im sure the springs will loosen up after a while , I do like the fact they use glock mags and not some proprietary mag as they are readily available . I will do a write up on it once I get it out , but from my readings guys are claiming its dead nuts accurate at 50 yards . its pretty compact with the stock folded up ,
I will play with this for a while but I think its going to wind up a SBR :D

· Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
efffective range claims 150 m , as far as muzzle climb the action moves downward instead of back , I had it apart tonight cleaning the factory goo off the guts , very very simple and I must say the way the bolt moves downward is a very very ingenious idea .very smooth action , seems pretty solid for having alot of poly on it , stock is good and solid when locked in , 4 pins pull out to take it apart and disassemble it , most claim that it will shoot basically any type of FMJ , HP and HD rounds . The trigger is a big different and it wasnt very smooth at first , some of this was the factory goo that was slathered in the hammer but I gave it about 400+ dry fires with just the trigger system and it cleaned up and smoothed out alot . Im not going to get it out til the aimpoint shows up next week as .45 seems to be on the short also .
I do like how light it is 5.8# and very very well balanced , I added the vert grip and lengthened the rear stock a tad to fit me better .It also came with a damn nice set of the new design diamond head flip up sights . 30 rd mags hold about 25 unless you have a loader to load them , Im sure the springs will loosen up after a while , I do like the fact they use glock mags and not some proprietary mag as they are readily available . I will do a write up on it once I get it out , but from my readings guys are claiming its dead nuts accurate at 50 yards . its pretty compact with the stock folded up ,
I will play with this for a while but I think its going to wind up a SBR :D
I must say congrats. I thought I was the only one around with enough of a compulsory requirement to have to pull a new gun apart to attack a "$3k" gun. Lol
Boy my boss was pissed, sure helped in selling the gun though.

· Registered
4,792 Posts
The kriss is a fantastic entry weapon. Beats the AR all day long. Low recoil, slow moving,large caliber bullet, cold tracer rounds. Tough to beat.
I dont know about this because its pretty hard to beat a SBR AR for CQB , but it is supposed to have no more than 2 degree muzzle rise and about 60% less recoil than a AR which isnt much to begin with . yes its a larger caliber bullet , theres alot of lead there and it has some serious punch :D , it is pretty light and in SBR form yes it would be the better CQ gun , the AR is just so much more versatilewith so many more options . its a specialty gun just like a SBR though . All I know is my kids are gonna be set one of these days when this ol body gives up . The best part is they are both very active shooters and both pretty good . My oldest 15 has his heart set on going to the Marine Corps and of all things wants to be a sniper . I told him he is gonna have to get a little more proficient if thats what he truly wants to do . Practice, practice, practice and more practice ;)

· Registered
4,792 Posts
I haven't shot a .45 in years and I own a .40 , boy I sure didnt think there was that much difference between the .40 and .45 in size comparison . Man was I wrong . LOL

· Registered
8,170 Posts
I will say that the compactness of it, the large caliber and the rate of fire may make it more suitable for CQB than an AR. I saw one of the weapons shows on History and they had this firearm featured ... it sure looked easy to maneuver through hallways and into room s with :)

· Registered
4,792 Posts
yes and in SBR form it is very very compact . Wish they would have stayed with the lifetime warranty though , its only a 2 yr warranty , but I have been told they will still take care of it if there is a non abusive problem even after the warranty is long gone and even if your not the original owner

· Registered
8,170 Posts
yes and in SBR form it is very very compact . Wish they would have stayed with the lifetime warranty though , its only a 2 yr warranty , but I have been told they will still take care of it if there is a non abusive problem even after the warranty is long gone and even if your not the original owner
does it have a lot of internal parts? When I bought my first handgun the only familiarity I had with any handgun was the 1911 ... lots of parts. When I disassembled the Storm and had it on the counter it was like 4 ... 5 parts total ... I LOL'd :D I do like the lifetime warranty but if there are not a lot of parts or the product is robust I wouldn't fret it :)

· Registered
4,792 Posts
does it have a lot of internal parts? When I bought my first handgun the only familiarity I had with any handgun was the 1911 ... lots of parts. When I disassembled the Storm and had it on the counter it was like 4 ... 5 parts total ... I LOL'd :D I do like the lifetime warranty but if there are not a lot of parts or the product is robust I wouldn't fret it :)
No not really the trigger system is kind of closed but it is accessible . Quite a few small springs in there but no more so than a AR15. Working the trigger took a while but it helped for sure. At the moment nobody makes a aftermarket trigger for it but I think it could be easily done. Really same type of concept/ function with the hammer and the way it work but its a little backwards .

· Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Sold the 300 blk today. Don't think the guy even knew what he was buying, he asked me what caliber it was. He beat me up on the price a bit though. I let it go for $2150.00 cash.

· Registered
8,170 Posts
Sold the 300 blk today. Don't think the guy even knew what he was buying, he asked me what caliber it was. He beat me up on the price a bit though. I let it go for $2150.00 cash.
damn! why didn't you say something ... I would have given you $2800 cash! :(

no, not really ... congrats on the sale! ;)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.