A head's up on a GREAT company.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Fumbles, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

I hope this is okay to post. I have no affiliation whatsoever with the company I am going to tell you about. This is not spam. I just firmly believe, that when you come across a manufacturer or company that has first class product and/or absolute commitment to taking care of their customers... as well as standing behind their product; then the word needs to be spread.

I recently bought my first RDS, a Vortex Sparc, to use with my new LMT CQB MRP. I actually bought the sight while in my 10 day waiting period. I made the decision to buy it, based on the many glowing reviews I read on the web and because at $199 it was much more affordable than some other offerings it was being compared to in performance.

I fired the sight up when I got home and the red dot did not look right so I E mailed Vortex right away. The reply I got was extremely pleasant and basically, with no questions asked they sent me a prepaid shipping label and a repair form. They did not even ask for a receipt or POP.

Well, even though they found no problem with my sight, they shipped me a brand new one. Just like that. They replaced the sight without any resistance, paid for shipping, made every effort and succeeded at getting the new one back to me before my rifle pickup date and were extremely pleasant and accomodating about it. It does not get better than that.

After I had fit the sight to the rifle with the correct riser, while fitting the rubber bikini eyepiece covers back on it before I put the rifle in the case, I accidentally snapped one of the rubber "bands" that connects the two cups.

I E mailed them back to thank them for the attention and great customer service, and just mentioned I broke the lens cover attachment rubber. They said no problem, we will send you another. Just like that.

I took the rifle to the range on Tuesday and unfortunately I bumped it while it was sitting (unloaded) on a Caldwell sandbag shooting rest while I was shooting a handgun. Although I was able to catch it before it fell too far, it contacted the concrete bench. The rifle survived basically okay......just two tiny (and extremely ANNOYING nevertheless!!!! :mad: ) spot scratches up on the barrel.However, the Sparc did not come out unscathed. The impact dented/bent the eyepiece ring. (excuse the lousy iPhone pic)

[​IMG]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAARRRGGHH!!! :mad:

So when I got back I emailed Vortex again and sent images of the damage in my e mail, plus describing in detail how I damaged it.

Well, I asked if that ring was replaceable and if so could I buy one as an individual part.

Imagine my surprise when they wrote back saying...." .........our warranty does cover accidental damage. I have attached another product repair form. If you send the unit to us we will get you taken care of."

All I can say is WOW!!!

I damage a brand new, perfectly functioning red dot sight, after they already sent me a new one to replace what they felt was a perfectly functioning sight..... and the manufacturers warranty covers that!

That my friends is a company standing behind it's product and it's customers.

I am glad I made the decision to buy this scope based on the great things I read others say.

I hope my post helps anyone else wondering about the Vortex Sparc or any product from this company. They are awesome.

I also wanted to mention that the amazing thing is, the Sparc held accuracy after taking this knock.

Granted these (lousy) images are of targets set only at 25 yds which is what I thought it best to try zero a red dot at. But at that distance the 3" target looks like it's 1/4" or less in the eyepiece and I could not make out the rings, markings or anything. Tiny! So I just put the dot right in the middle and fired.

[​IMG]

The shot below, outside of the bull in the lower left quadrant was not part of the 5 shot group in the bull. It was a previous last round in the magazine, a single shot at the target after just switching to it. I later fired the 5 rd group into that ring, as I was running out of fresh targets. It was not 6 shots at one time.

[​IMG]

Also, I know many of you guys are all highly skilled shooters with hours and hours on AR's and stuff....... but other than firing a couple 100 rds through an awful SKS in 1992, a gun I promptly sold, this was my first time with a rifle in ...I am gonna say it, wait for it..... :( ....39yrs...... since I had my FNAL in the service. Also, it's my first time with an AR ever.....my first time with a RDS and the trigger that was behaving just TERRIBLY...all rough and grinding, very hard to pull, had a stagey feeling etc. I hope it loosens up. I haven't even fired my handguns more than a couple times in the last 8 years or more.

I think rifle and Vortex Sparc did very well together on our first time out.

But yes I know......post some similar or better groups at 100yds and greater and maybe somebody will massage my feelings a little bit.:D

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow. Great review. And the targets look good, too. :)

3. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

Thanks WOC. And yes, I feel them blowing too.:p

4. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Great review, this makes me all the more likely to use them.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

:eek:.........

6. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Lol i didn't catch that... wow.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Great review, outstanding company. Have you considered a Nerf scope? ;)

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

nice group for first time out! thanks for that review, because this is information people are looking for when thinking about products they don't have first hand knowledge of. their customer service is what all companies should try to have. their CS seems A-1!

9. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

Thanks. As for the Nerf scope...... sorry I am slow, not following? What is that? I looked it up and it looks like a toy for airsoft guns. Is it for real....any good?

Thanks all.

10. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

That might be a mild bit of rib-poking about kids toys that are designed to be dropped, be used to beat kids over the head,etc.etc.

I, of course, would never say such a thing with commenting on your handle "Fumbles". :D

11. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

LOL....I get it now. :D

Like I said...slow on the uptake sometimes.:p