Firearms Talk banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Indoor ranges, most outdoor, commercial ranges, and many private membership ranges are limited to stand in your lane and shoot. Not conducive to to serious training. Draw, move, multiple target.

Our range is private membership. These is a range for IPSC and other matches. During the week, we set it up and work on "situations".

I shoot Cowboy Action. Yes, different, but, we draw, move, engage multiple targets, and change firearms.
I, also, visit the Cowboy range, during the week, being the only one there or stay later, after a match.. I shoot my 1911, at that time.

Shooting is shooting. Do all you can.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Makes me appreciate our "ranges". We do have an indoor and a monitored outdoor, but 99% of the time i shoot in forest service land. There are numerous spots around here and generally, if you are there first others simply move along and wont crowd you.
This makes it conducive to run and shoot, shoot from cover, firearm transitions, all sorts of training.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Open carry it sounds like. Assuming, to your reference, "Everyone pays attention".. your open carrying your firearm so people notice it.. Be careful, you could become the target ..
Nope concealed. Its just when the the .357 round goes…its loud! Hence, everybody listens. Just hyperbole.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts