Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a 1974 .357 magnum dragoon made by interarms the problem i have is the dragoon guns didnt come out until 1977 and there is nowhere on the web that has any info on my revolver can eny one help me

·
Administrator
26,140 Posts
well..... there was the Virginian Dragoon, and then there was the Virginian SA. Similar to a Colt Single Action Army, actually made by Hammerli (I think) and imported by Interarms from 1973-1976. Got a "base pin safety system" aka "swissafe". Think the Dragoon was made by Helwan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
also a picture would be extremely helpful..

-Peter

·
Registered
514 Posts
I rember looking at one back in the mid 70`s. It was a couple of bucks higher in price than the Ruger Super Blackhawk. I ask the dealer and he said it was a better gun in his oppenion. I told him I though I would still keep my 3 screw to which he replied he would trade me a new one for my used 3 screw. I`ve still got that old 3 screw and it`s put several deer in the freezer in the 42 years I`ve owned it. :rolleyes: MAN, I must be getting old. :eek:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I rember looking at one back in the mid 70`s. It was a couple of bucks higher in price than the Ruger Super Blackhawk. I ask the dealer and he said it was a better gun in his oppenion. I told him I though I would still keep my 3 screw to which he replied he would trade me a new one for my used 3 screw. I`ve still got that old 3 screw and it`s put several deer in the freezer in the 42 years I`ve owned it. :rolleyes: MAN, I must be getting old. :eek:
Like you, I examined one about the time of their introduction. Compared to my Ruger Super Blackhawk, the gun seemed "coarse", for lack of a better term, not as sleek looking as the Ruger. But what turned me off was the trigger pull and "mushy" hammer fall. I've shot a few since then, still glad I stuck with my Rugers.

Bob Wright

1 - 6 of 6 Posts