A great deer stand.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by iloveguns, Aug 25, 2008.

1. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Kind of takes the "roughing it" out of the equation - but I give them an A+ for Backwoods Engineering.... LOL

Good find!

JD

3. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

The sad part is that kinda garbage is legal if someone wants to do it , at least only on private land thank God .

I've seen some some pretty elaborate suckers on the edges of the public land I hunt , Built with 2x6's having a roof on them and platforms darn near as big as the deck in that pic overlooking large fields .

I call that Deer watching and shooting not hunting .

Had a neighbor who claimed he hunts from cars up in the trees , story goes the land owner is/was a used car dealer and hoisted them up and strapped them in somehow .

Guy was complaining one year he missed his deer because the window squeaked when he rolled it down to shoot .

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't see the problem with it. If you want to do it then do it.

5. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I am on board with Big here. This is different than shooting a deer off your lawn how? Guess I had the wrong idea thinking by getting my *** outta bed at 4:30 and trudging around and sitting in below zero temps and rain for as long as I could stand it was hunting.
    Hunting this "ain't". This is laziness and anyone who would shoot a deer from this contraption is merely a trigger puller, not a hunter. But opinions are like...

6. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

To me calling a person who hoists a mobile home in a tree a hunter is like calling a Terrorist who blows up a grade school full of little kids a Soldier .

7. Chester

Chester New Member

I have no problem with it, To each his own. It's not to be considered hunting though, As long as it's legal go for it.

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

What I object to the most is the referrence to drinking - I've seen too many drunken a-holes in the woods with guns - and all of them leave their garbage and empty beer cans behind for the real outdoorsmen to clean up.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok is that any worse than the rich guys ordering a heated cooled 10/20 house with 60" plasma tv and Blue ray player and Direct tv with a bathroom and full kitchen. Lazy-boy shooting chairs. That has automatic windows that you can shoot out of.

At least these guys went and did the work themselves.