a good way to hunt HOGS

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by lonewolf101, Aug 3, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/21181307]HELI-HOG'N on Vimeo[/ame]

that look like so much fun!

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

While it looks like fun, I cringe when I think about all the shots taken without a proper backstop and especially all the wasted meat. Not to mention wounding some of the hogs to die slowly.

3. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

it still looks like fun eith way

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree with Bear. To me, it doesn't sound like a responsible or sporting way to hunt.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Kind of takes the sport out of hunting don't it? I would rather just be on the ground and hunt them the old fashion way.

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

They aren't hunting them for sport. Hogs are an infestation. They reek havoc on crops, and reproduce like rats. Backstop...Mother earth was behind each shot. :D

7. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Dead Drunk..........

The perfect end for a happy hog. Years back when we collected the left over food scraps from the local school, I took out all of the prunes and placed them in a gallon jar and added some yeast. Covered with a piece of cloth and fermented for 3 months. I fed this to our stud Boar, This was one happy hog till the prunes kicked in....... If you guys would take all that corn and fermint it first and then feed the hogs they won't be able to run and will die happy!! :eek: :D

8. knfxda

knfxda New Member

They are getting rid of a destructive nuisance. They are NOT hunting.

It's not meant to be sporting, it's meant to be as effective as possible. Kill as meany as you can, as quickly as you can.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  9. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I agree that there is no reason to waste all that meat - but the hogs they didn't get will eat the dead bodies.

On the other hand, the farmers are probably so fed up, they stopped caring.

Note: The trigger man needs to fix his gear problems before he hops in the heli. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  10. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Wanten waste..........

I'm no lover of todays farmers, they are one reason we are in the hole. When the grocery shelves go bare and you have to live off the land, those hogs you shot last week could have been your:mad: food for today.......

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I agree that they need to be exterminated but I still don't like to see them suffer. I like to be where I can get them with a quick followup shot if needed.

12. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

just thinking about it, it would probably be easier with a door mounted M60 then a semi auto 12 gauge. Me personally I would love to do that for target shooting but as far as hunting I like to kill my animals and eat them not just leave the bodies rotting out in the fields. Also pig liver left in a tube of strawberry kool aid or jello for about three weeks makes good catfish bait.

13. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

there must be working for some State angency to kill as many as they can!

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

15. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I saw about 30 needed follow-up shots to drop the animal in that video. The majority of the hogs hit the ground before the shooter moved on to the next. I as well don't like the idea of animals suffering. I'd like to see them use 50 Beowulf for that, but it would get too expensive :rolleyes:

Bottom line is they are a pest that needs to be managed. Its unfortunate they don't take the meat, but I think it would then fall under "sport hunting" which is against federal law.

16. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

there about 1.50 -3.00 a shot with the 50 right?.

17. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

They need what we have around here! If you shoot deer,hogs,birds you don't want just simply drop them off at the processor and they skin them and hold cook-outs and the food bank gives out vouchers for the meat all to help the less fortunate folks around. I support that fully a lot of hunters around here donate a couple every year just for that reason. Ever been hungry a nice hog will do you very good around that time;)

18. orangello

orangello New Member

I agree! For feral hogs, poison seems appropriate, if its effects could be limited to the hogs; wouldn't want to hurt the buzzards. The only real difference between hog damage and rat damage is size & severity, with the rats bringing up the rear, IMO.

19. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member