A foreign war movie way better than saving private Ryan

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by molonlabexx, Mar 27, 2014.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

That's right! There exists a world war two movie out there way battery than SPR. And the kicker: it;s a foreign film... The movie is called "My Way". It is on Netflix and a very LONG movie. Guys, check it out. This is by far the best foreign movie ever. 99% of the time, ANY foreign made movie is awful, low budget crap. This movie IS NOT. No cheesy CGI graphics. The movie is so interesting as well. The soldiers go from Japanese fighters, to soviets, to Germans!!!

Best of all: I get to hug my mosin because there are plenty in the movie!!

WATCH IT. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!!

Seriously watch it NOW. Stop what you are doing, hell even pay $8 for Netflix JUST to watch this movie!!!!!

2. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Awesome. Thanks for suggestion! I've been watching a bunch of war movies on Netflix recently. I'll watch this when I get home. Another good movie is The Way Back. There's a good number of Mosins and Nagant revolvers, and it's based on a true story! Restropo is another fantastic movie/documentary about a platoon in Afghanistan, I highly recommend them both and both are on Netflix.

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

I have netflix, and will defiantly check it out

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

What language was it made in, originally?

5. t_humm

t_humm New Member

Into the white is with a look too. It's about a Luftwaffe crew and RAF crew trying to survive in Norway after they were both shot down

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. string1946

string1946 New Member

"A Band of brothers" is very good too. It was made for TV but still its something I can watch anytime. Its a 6 dvd set so it takes a while. Another is "The Pacific" which is another mini series 6 dvd's long.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Both mini-series are phenomenal. I love them both. I've seen all of both, I own both sets on DVD, and I have both books. Band of Brothers is probably the better of the two, with the Pacific close behind. Two of the books/accounts that were put into The Pacific, With The Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for my pillow by Robert Leckie, are magnificent books. I've read With The Old Breed twice, and I'm partial to Sledge because he is from my home state. I HIGHLY recommend the two series'.

8. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I have seen the way back, it was "ok", I wasn't a HUGE fan but still a pretty nice movie. I have also seen Restrepo!

German, Japanese, and Russian.

I have seen this as well, awesome movie, it was also based on a true story!

I have seen both of these and have watched BOB over 10 times! I own the DVD box set, although I am missing one disc :(

9. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Just got done watching "The Way". I gotta say it was pretty dang good. One thing that did bother me is the in the beginning it said D-Day took place in 1945. And the D-Day sequence and order of events was way off in timing. But other than that I was thoroughly pleased!

10. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Did you mean to say "My way"? I have never heard of "The way" on netflix but maybe it is a different movie?

11. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

My bad. That was a typo. I meant "My Way".