A few pics

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

In the get your butt in shape thread I said I would post some pics from my
    3rd dan test. Here they are! These were taken in action, mostly.

[​IMG]

J.R. & Jen

[​IMG]

Jeff and I (white). This is gonna hurt.

[​IMG]

peek a boo!!!

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

side mount is rough..

[​IMG]

Who's first off????

[​IMG]

Weeeeee...or something?

[​IMG]

Me un tha kiddos!!!

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thanks Brian. Cool Pics

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool. Nice looking kiddies too. Are they learning martial arts as well?

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

My son Noah(7), has been doing judo for 8months. It's too early for him to be hitting and kicking others, although he knowws how. I think judo is the best place for young-uns to start.
    Hannah is 5, she's into dance and singing!! :)

Love me my kiddos!!! :cool:

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

When do you find out if you passed?

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Our school is informal. It wasn't really a test per say, but a right of passage that had to be to receive the rank.

I survived, so I passed,lol.

I have taught goju for several years. When a student is ready for their next rank you will know it. I simply gave students their next rank when they were ready. The 'testing' is in the everyday dedication to training and learning.

I understand how some martial arts schools do business though. They give little Johnny Firecracker a test every few months with the flavor of the month belt and a hefty "testing fee" lol.There are no testing fees and it isn't a commercial school.

That's why you see soke's and grandmasters on every corner, not to mention 25yr old 5th and 6th dans,lol.

I like it the way we do it. :cool:

8. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

true that brian.. i have seen some of those 25yrd 5 dans. judo is a cool art that i always wanted to learn more of. i took Brazilian jujitsu, goju and learned a lot of second hand kung fu from a friend that i spared with a lot. pretty much just taking fundamentals with me that i use all the time. as well i slowly teach my 4 year daughter things all the time. just falling correctly and some wrist breaks for the past couple of years.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Talking about "dans" has me a little worried. Like, where in line do I come in?

10. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

lol... degree of black belt. :)

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Holy cow! How'd this come to the front? :)

12. pranc2

pranc2 New Member