A Feeler: Adjustable Mosin-Nagant Front Sight

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Joshua M. Smith, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you might be interested in one of these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Improved post and modified technique. Done first on my own sight, then applied to the others.

[​IMG]

Though the post has anti-seize on it, and all screws are oiled, there's always a small chance that the post will require some torque to remove if enough gunk gets in there. The posts are now made with hex heads on the bottom. I thought about putting them up top, but that would be an awfully coarse sight.

[​IMG]

Improved turning technique for the pins is getting me a much improved look.

I figure I can churn out maybe five of these per week. However, I need to gauge interest to see if it's worth finding the sights (or having you send yours in).

Thanks,

Josh

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Is the pin "off set" to allow for windage? The CETME uses a front sight similar, but the pin is "offset" a little to allow for lateral adjustments.

Looks good!

3. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

Hello,

It is not offset simply because that would add money to the procedure and I do not want to ask people for half again as much as they paid for the rifle.

The front sight of the Mosin-Nagant is made to be drift adjustable, and usually has marks to indicate this.

If someone should want an offset pin, I could probably do it, but the cost would likely not be worth it.

Josh