A&E caves on Phil Robertson

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

2. Ironhorse944

Ironhorse944 New Member

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Good news, I guess.

I've got mixed feelings about supporting A&E by watching any of their TV shows.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

the shows really suck especially duck dynasty.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You just have no appreciation for high quality, red-neck television.

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

It looks like that unlike Phil, A&E won't stand up for their morals if it gets in the way of money. :D

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Some one will have to fall on their sword at A&E. This and Cracker Barrel is the first of many push backs that are coming. Jesse Jackson is attacking Cracker Barrel as well. Jackson is the President of racist profiteering. :rolleyes:

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Well, I hate to admit it but one or two of their shows brought back some memories of this and that and things going "BLAM"! :) I like the Robertson humour well enough, I just have no use for censorship, esp. the progressive variety.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I enthusiastically disagree with your assessment of Longmire, which airs on A&E. I did not develop a liking for The Glades, though.

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

This just reenforces my belief Phil Robertson Is the FTF Person of The Year. Who do you know other than our Service Members who has stood up to our foes and won? You dont really have to like the show or Phil to "see what he's done here" and respect him for it!

That is sweet, the lessons learned here should really inspire us on FTF to fight the good fight and dont stop. Look back just a second and see what we all did to change an outcome that would have been buried and forgotten if we had just let that happen. Instead, people who enjoy and many who never even watched the show stood up and said sorry, we dont accept the sh!t sandwich your offering us! Kinda like when millions lined up for Chick Fil A sandwich's and drowned out the Faux anger-protestors they dwarfed 20 to 1. I bet my last dollar that more than a few rednecks in BDU's have attended church for the first time in years or ever because Phil has shown his Christian side to us without any fear he will be judged less manly or soft, thats awesome!

I dont like violence, we need to avoid those saying its time for civil war to get our Rights back! My Mantra has always been, "Hit them in the wallet, its all about the money", 10,000,000 wallets potentially closing up shook them up and quickly. They saw Cracker-barrel choke then beg for forgiveness, A&E was just about to lose the biggest show they have and got smart and backed down from this battle they sparked over nothing.

This was a non story, something much less than important that actually blew up and owned the airwaves over OB Care, Wars in the ME and even Christmas. Phil Robertson got more attention (and more respect) than the POTUS and all he did was answer a question by saying what he believed and stood by it instead of dancing and diving. Heres what he didnt do- he didnt jump out in front of every camera he could find and scream and yell, cry foul or file a class action lawsuit because his religious freedom had been impinged, he just sat back and let things play out, "turned the other cheek" so to speak.

No Moderation, no Compromise, no Senators, no courts, no taxes, fees or beer summits with BHO were needed to resolve our differences here! The outcome is we just learned how much power we have to effect an outcome. They really dont want us to know this but we can make them listen, all we have to do is speak with our money! So what do we do with this? Who is the next target? We cant just aim at all of them, that wont work. We need one Big Business that is anti 2A rights to crush like a bug, it sounds impossible but A&E, Cracker barrel and others arent small potatoes either and my guess is they wont be judging us again anytime soon!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

BWA HA HA HA HA!

Knew it was just a matter of time.

Looks like A&E just got to eat a hot,

steamy, heaping helping of

Miss Kay's "country dumb".

12. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I have serious suspicions about the sincerity of any of this. It stinks to high heaven like a gigantic publicity stunt. After all, this is reality TV, not real life. Anyone who believes this is real life also believes in Santa Claus.

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

14. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Money talks and bull**** walks.

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

yep, I pretty much see A&E being behind this whole publicity stunt from the very beginning, kind of like that Connie Chung stunt with Hillary way back when.....

they're on the whole fabricated controversy equals higher viewership thing...

breaking bad is over, walking dead is probably hitting a plateau with viewers, they don't have much else that everyone is raving about anymore so they needed to stir it up....

maybe next they can get Miley Cyrus to do some twerking in the duck blind for increased ratings....:eek:

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

There are many ways to get attention. Committing suicide is death in life or publicity. No one plotted anything this stupid. This is simply not checking out the horses winning history before you place a bet. Society is turning right and many on the top are not seeing the new trend to conservative values creeping in. :rolleyes:

17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The entertainment industry war against Christianity is finally seeing some "push back."

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

locutus,

And I think the push back has only began! Americans are tired of the minority attempting to run the country. Congrats to the Robertson family for standing their ground like the show or not makes no difference on this issue. Not to mention the Hunting Channel had expressed interest in taking on the show. No wonder A&E caved in. $$$$$$$$$ Tickled me to death to see the libertards in Hollywood and others take a dump! They may want to start getting use to it! ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  19. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Agreed. The homo lobby and Jesse Jackson's "Grievance Industry" have been getting a free ride for entirely too long.

The American people are the most patient, and tolerant in the world, but they do have a limit. And woe unto you when they finally get fed up and push back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.