A dozen roses

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sarge_257, Nov 9, 2010.

1. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

It was a dozen roses that caught my eye. I was just stopping at the store to pick up a few items. Let me start at the begining.

I was out of town for four days, came home late Sunday night, tired and dragging. In a bad mood and very testy. Don't get into those moods very often but there was lots of circumstances for this one. My lovely wife Linda was anything less interested that I got home, it seemed to me. When I started to tell her about the four days she yawned and went to bed. I was hurt. I opened up my big mouth and scolded her.
    The next night when I got home still tired and feeling sore about the situation, she met me at the door.
    "Put your things down I am taking you out to dinner" she said.
    Well you could have knocked me over with a feather. But I put my briefcase in the house and we went to a nice resturant. While waiting for our meal she told me that she had been feeling very ill lately and with a noticeable lack of energy. While I was gone she went to the hospital and the Doctor administered many tests. There was nothing seriously wrong but she most certainly needed some different medicine from what she was taking. The new medicine was slowly doing it's job but Sunday evening she still was feeling very weak.
    Man, I felt like a fool. Here I was thinking only of myself instead of asking my spouse what was wrong. We had a wonderful dinner and by the time we got home we had patched up my dumbness and were on good terms again.
    And then I saw the dozen roses. Well I could have just walked on by, I already had apologized, but those roses just kept drawing me to them. Well I bought them and put a card in them, again telling her I was sorry.
    Now guys and gals too, how many minor quarrels have you just apologized for and let it go at that? Lots I bet. Sometimes it takes just a little extra to make a marriage special. Her apology was taking me to dinner. Mine was a dozen roses. We have been married for 30 years now and we are still in love.
    Sarge

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Good on you Sarge!!

I always thought you saved those up in a gunny sack to dump out during the next fight!!:rolleyes:

Your way sounds better. How do I talk her into taking me out to dinner?

3. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

How sweet, sounds like you are quite a catch.

4. jca1

jca1 New Member

your whipped :D

Great story Sarge. thanks for sharing.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What a wonderful story. May you have many more happy years together.

6. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

a ''good'' man

Sir; not only are you a ''walking'' fun disaster; you show tremdous love resolve.
    a ''man's'' man :)

7. user4

user4 New Member

Being married is the hardest thing a man can do. It is also the greatest test of manhood. A real man can die to his self and put his wife above all, save God.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Interesting statement. I wish you could have had a talk with my ex husband before he left. *sigh*

9. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

Dinner

I would not suggest getting her angry. She carries a .38. LOL
    Sarge

10. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

I had a talk with mine before I left. He didn't like me any better after than one either. :rolleyes: