A deal

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by NGIB, Mar 28, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I keep trying to thin the herd and I keep running into great deals. I sold the little Rock Island 1911 this afternoon as I didn't need it with the STI. Anyway, I was cruising a local forum and a fella is selling a Sig 229 in .40, stainless slide, fresh night sights, extra .357 Sig barrel, paddle holster, and 2 boxes of .357 Sig ammo for $550 - yeah, picking this one up tomorrow as I've been tempted to try .357 Sig...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. :cool:

3. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

Sounds like a great deal to me, congrats! Been thinkin about giving the 357sig a try myself.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nice, I can see why you couldn't pass that up!

I am interested on your take of the .357sig. :cool:

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Why do we addicts ever think we could give up buying guns? Perhaps we need rehab. LOL

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

As a 357sig owner myself (p226), I can tell you one of the few drawbacks is the price of the range ammo. I've found Georgia Arms to be easily the best source for reasonably priced ball.

Enjoy the gun.

7. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

congrats on scoring that deal!!

the P229 was my favorite to shoot of the handguns i've tried...

until i bought me the P226 :D

no swine flu here just the Signess.....

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Just got back from picking it up and the gun was just as described. I'm really happy with the deal. There was one surprise though, the .357 Sig barrel is threaded for a can...

9. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

That could make things interesting.....

10. sheriffoconee

sheriffoconee New Member

oh yeah, a can would make that thing fun.....supersonic ammo wouldn't make it as quiet as a 9mm subsonic, but it would be a lot quieter non the less....not to mention a whole new hobby, collecting NFA stamps

11. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

That is one hell of a deal nice catch! Im sure the two of you will have blast! (No pun intended)