A couple words about triggers..

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bluez, Jul 14, 2020.

1. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

I have tried it out. Up until last month I lived 1/2 mile from JARD; pretty good folks. The new set trigger gives you a nice target trigger in your AR, or just a good hunting/all purpose trigger. Works very much like the CZ set triggers, if you are familiar with them, but for an AR. To use the set trigger you push it forward until it latches, and it gives you about an 8 oz. trigger. The standard operation is at about 4 lbs I believe.

7.62 Man likes this.
  2. G_Whitcomb

G_Whitcomb Member

So would the trigger I ordered fall into this category? I just wanted a cleaner trigger than the “stock” one. It feels horrible. I need reliability.

3. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

No. The RTB trigger uses a mil spec design and a normal power hammer spring. Problems can arise with lighter hammer springs (like the ALG purple or JP enterprises reduced power hammer spring). You're good to go for reliability.

bluez and G_Whitcomb like this.
  4. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

No, the RTB its still milspec power spring (albeit hand selected at the lower end of the milspec tolerance range)

My reply was intended to Triumphman who clearly has a soft trigger spring.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    G_Whitcomb likes this.
  5. G_Whitcomb

G_Whitcomb Member

I received the RTB trigger a few weeks ago and it feels very smooth. A nice inexpensive upgrade. I was finally able to get to the range and try it. Felt so much better but still a bit stiff. Measures at 6.5 lbs so I shot them an email. Absolutely love the customer service, sending me a new trigger spring with no questions asked. Hope it hits the 5-5.5lbs advertised.
    Thanks again for the tip

bluez likes this.
  6. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

The ALG purple hammer spring should be your next purchase.

G_Whitcomb likes this.
  7. G_Whitcomb

G_Whitcomb Member

New spring breaks at 5.8lbs.
    It’s all brand new components so Hopefully it will drop a bit after everything breaks in.

bluez and Shopfox like this.