A couple of tough days.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thursday night the girlfriend wakes up with severe chest pain and shortness of breath. I ask if she can make it to the car or should I call an ambulance. I walk her to the car and have her at the hospital before an ambulance would have been to our house. They get her hooked up to all the machines and start all the tests. No immediate signs of a heart attack but no answer to the pains. They admit her to the cardiac ward for more testing and observation. Kept her for two days doing echocardiograms, stress tests, ultrasounds, and more needles that a tattoo parlor. I’ve been running crazy back and forth with no time to sit still. They discharged her last night saying the pains are not heart or lung issues. At least not life threatening issues. They gave her some pain meds and other pills to help her breathing. Now we get to start with her regular doctor on Monday to see if we can get some real answers.

2. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Sorry to hear that, Jo. I hope you guys figure out what's going on and that your girlfriend will be OK. I've gone through similar issues in the past and was also cleared from heart/lung issues. For me it was actually related to my stomach. I had severe acid reflux which would actually give me shortness of breath and chest pains. Crazy. I was real worried because my dad died at the age of 36 from heart related issues so I went straight to my doctor and they did most of the tests they did on your girlfriend. Came up clean. So, hopefully it's something as simple as acid reflux. That's easy enough to manage.

I will be thinking about you and your girlfriend hoping that it's nothing dangerous.

All the best,
    Thor

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Hey Joe, the two of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck, Joe

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hey Jo, I hope they pinpoint the medical issue, but it does sound like it could be stomach or digestive related. Often times reflux, gull bladder and the pancreas can mask the same pain symptoms as cardiac pain.

Best wishes and positive thoughts and Preces for both you and your lady, to get that peace of mind, a correct diagnosis and any necessary follow up treatment.

Jack

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Good luck Jo. You two are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay on those doctors until they can give you a real answer.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I hope all is well, JDP. Keep us posted, brother.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Man, it sucks to be up in the air when it comes to health issues. I'm sure she'll be fine. Keep us posted, and you two will be in my prayers!

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

My God! What a frightening experience! My thoughts and prayers are with you Jo. The doctors will get it figured out....eventually.

They are only in practice you know!!

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thanks guys.

Helps to know that there are friends out there.

10. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Jo, a couple of years ago I was rushed to the hospitol for what was thought to be a heart attack. After all the tests for possible heart and lung issues it turned out to be a ruptured hiatal hernia. The symptoms of severe chest pain and shortness of breath, as it turns out, can be caused by a hiatal hernia.

Theres not much they can do for a hiatal hernia, as I have been told, and they will heal over time fairly well.

Just my .02 cents worth.

11. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I am sorry to hear that she is having such a hard time. I hope that you guys get answers when you go to her doctor. I will be prayin for her I hope everything will get better my friend.:)

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Sorry for your troubles Joe. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Hope all goes well for you and your wife. I sometimes feel doctors waste alot of money for nothing because they don't have the answers. To me they are like a bad mechanic, keep replacing parts and running tests and never get to the problem. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Kind thoughts and prayers on the way.

15. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Hang in there Jo. We're all thinking about you two, praying and hoping for the best.

16. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Jo, I hope you can get an accurate diagnosis and a quick cure. Both of you are in my thoughts, please keep us posted. The best of luck to you guys!

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Jo the canebrake household is sending best wishes and prayers your way!

18. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Wow, very sorry to hear about your girlfriend, Jo. You must be having an awful week worrying...really hope the tests reveal it's nothing too serious. Hang in there mate!

My thoughts are with you both, best of luck.

19. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Just wanted to know if you guys found anything out today and how she is feeling!!:)

20. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Keep your head up, Joe. She needs to see you being positive. If you need something to make you laugh, just think about Tango's ugly mug! Seriously, I hope everything turns out to be ok.