A couple of new folders

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by M14sRock, Apr 2, 2011.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

My wife and I had coffee with a friend today, and he handed over a few more gifts that he said were late birthday presents.

He gave me the large Cold Steel Rajah 2 a couple of weeks ago, and to day he gave me the CS Rajah 3 and the CS Folding Bushman.

The R3 is the smaller version of the R2 and may be suitable for EDC. The R2 will be used mostly when I'm out in the boonies.

The Folding Bushman is a cool, low priced folder with a unique lockback. For having a sheetmetal handle it is surprisingly comfortable in the hand. The lock is released by pulling back on the part with the small lanyard attached. Very sturdy.

Here is the R2 (for scale), along with the R3 and the Folding Bushman.

[​IMG]

The Rajah's have the nifty little tab on the blade that snags on the pocket as you pull it out, flipping the blade open. The Folding Bushman has a small thumb stud, but the geometry is a little off for me. Might work better after it breaks in.

2. USNWO

USNWO New Member

Nice additions...Can I guess that they're sharp?

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The evidence of their sharpness is two patches on my leg that are devoid of hair.

Smooth like an egg, as Dave Chappelle would say.:p

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats Rock. :cool:

5. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

That R2 is a great looking knife. Does it function well? Would you recommend getting one?

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

It gets my 100% recommendation. Very well made, very smooth, and it opens from the pocket just like it was designed to do.

7. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

Very user friendly tools and good looking too. Ok which gun did you promise your friend.:D:D:D

8. USNWO

USNWO New Member

Well I was just making sure. A buddy of mine used to give me knives just to get rid of 'em, and he gave me one so sharp you could shave with it (I did in fact) then he turned around and gave me one so dull it couldn't cut its way out of a paper bag. But then again, I'm not too sure he's all there. Either that or he's so drunk his brain swims in vodka. Who knows?

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

He gets his own guns. But then I work on them for him. He started off a customer when I had my gun store, and was such a pain in the butt that my partner refused to deal with him.

I treated him well and we became great friends. But he has never forgiven me for introducing him to the concept of Karma. :D

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cold Steel tends to ship their knives out sharp enough to shave. A very impressive edge for a factory blade. They used to sharpen their knives for $10, too. Not bad to have an old beat up knife and get the factory edge back on it for $10.

11. USNWO

USNWO New Member

That is a good deal. But...why don't you just do it yourself?

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I do. But it is nice to have the option of a factory edge.

13. USNWO

USNWO New Member

Ah... Can you get it factory sharp? I'm just curious.

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I can get it close enough to shave hair, but not as sharp as the factory.

Once I get it close I have an old Ultimate Edge diamond steel that is a fine grit. It gives the edge a nice finish.

15. USNWO

USNWO New Member

Nice. One of my favourites.

16. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The Ultimate Edge?

17. USNWO

USNWO New Member

Aye. My dad used to have one years ago, but that has gone...MIA.

18. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Get a new one. They are pretty affordable and last for years.