a cop drop his gun in a mall

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by lonewolf101, Nov 4, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

A cop who was not on duty droped his off duty weapon and it went off! now this cop was not charged or giving a ticket or nothing the police dept. sweap it under the rug AS NO BIG DEAL!. Now if you or me went into the mall and had a wis.CCW and one of us drop his gun then you know what will happend.

this stuff just TICKS me off!. special treament for wearing a badge.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

he stuck his hand in his pocket and yanked the trigger fishing for change according to tmj4.

but yeah anyone else woulda been in jail. and everyone in earshot woulda been sueing for everything under the sun the guy owned.

3. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

yeah I just dont like it when people put a cop on a PEDASTAL like they are something special.

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Where did the round go?

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I'm in full agreement.
    Pisser of it is; He probably thinks all others are irresponsibly gun owners

6. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I herd it went into the floor.

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I know I'll pay ten pounds of hell for this, but I have to say it. I cannot see any intelligent reason to carry and NOT have it in a holster. If you can't get it in a holster, even an ankle holster, leave the damn thing at home, or at the very least, DON'T have a round chambered.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I agree. I carry in a pocket a lot. But it is in a pocket holster.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

That is disappointing. I hope that he will, at the very least, be required to get some additional firearms safety training.

What would a regular citizen be charged with, a misdemeanor for firing a firearm in town or what?

10. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Reckless endangerment comes to mind. Also discharging in city limits. Probably a few others that the LEO's on here can come up with.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I agree- you use a holster. Grown ups carry guns- and as a grownup, you are supposed to be a responsible person. (altho my grandkids swear i am proof that it is never too late to have a happy childhood)

The problem I have with the story on its very face- this was a duty weapon that was "dropped" and discharged? WHAT?!?!? :confused:

Yes, I have dropped firearms- ranging from a .22 pistol to a belt fed MG. If you have never dropped a gun, you ain't been doing it long enough- you will. Yes, you weep over it later. I have had a service revolver come out of the holster during a foot chase, and get KICKED (sob!) sending it skittering down the sidewalk.

I have NEVER had a gun FIRE because I dropped it. So- what am I missing here?

12. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I think he should take a refresher corse in gun SAFETY! because there no EXCUSE fror what happend here.

13. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Would this thread be the same witch hunt if the offender were a carry permit holder?
    I've heard alot of ND stories, and this is the first LEO I've heard of in a LONG time.

LEOs are just people, nut they are people who try and keep your ass safe everyday, so yeah, they are on somewhat of a pedestal.

Did anyone get hurt? Was it intentional? Then why should it be criminal.

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

He won't- after all----------hes a COP :rolleyes:

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

The story claims that civilians are the ones responsible for nd. The ones i hear about seem to all originate with police issue weapons...

This supervisor is prolly one of the chief opponents of ccw by civilians and according to eyewitness reports in other stories there was no dropping of the gun. Milwaukee pd is run by a virulent leftist chief so it doesnt surpise me he is following the lefty mantra of do as i say not as ido and cover up his flunky's nd.

I think we are pretty fair. We have raked non-pd nd over the coals before. The difference in a lot of cases is how many people are at risk if anyone got injured and how much covering up the police are doing.

I know i personally dont think anyone should be charged if no one else was injured. What everyone seems to object to is the pd's attempt to claim its ok since he was a cop supervisor.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

yes it would. I've stepped in on more than one occasion here on this very forum and had to get some of these guys to lay off after someone admitted to having an ND.

Our members are vicious when it comes to firearm safety, no matter who it is.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

As far as whether or not the cop should be charged. All officers, military personnel, leaders, politicians, and anyone else in ANY TYPE OF LEADERSHIP POSITION/EXAMPLE SETTER should be held to the exact standards that our civilian population is held to.

The FL highway patrol woman arresting the Miami PD officer for speeding comes to mind. She did what's right.

18. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

19. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

As a "supervisor" this officer's job is to enforce standards. If he is unable to secure his weapon properly, perhaps he shouldn't be in a supervisory position.
    I'd also be interested in knowing the type of gun that fires when dropped. I've always been under the impression that modern firearms were designed to NOT fire when dropped.