A chinese Dragunov is an orginal?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by AsmelEduardo, Jan 12, 2009.

1. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I think the only Dragunovs are made by IZMAH ARSENAL (in any factory ...Saiga, Baikal, etc), and the all others are copy/clone ...Norinco it's a chinese manofacturer so it's not even russian... why call "other else" a copy and the chinese an orginal? even if they are licenced by Izmah they are still copy/clones isn't?:confused:
    "DO NOT BE CONFUSED THIS IS NOT THE CHEAP ROMANIAN COPY THAT PEOPLE ARE CALLING THE DRAGUNOV. THIS IS A REAL NDM DRAGUNOV" (made by Norinco)
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120456622

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

This guy is trolling for a big fish!
    $4K for this knock-off??

From the dragunov site:

http://www.dragunov.net/ndm86.html

This is not a true Snaiperskaya Vintovka Dragunova.
    It is however, an original chinese knock-off. I think it's one of the batch imported from china by JPE (Jay’s Pacific Enterprises), City of Industry, Kali.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

There are a lot of "Dragonovs" out there that are merely long barreled AKs that have had Dragonov furniture attached to them. As you cal tell by the magazine, that one is chambered in 7.56x54r, as Dragonovs are.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I know the Dragonuv has a HUGE on line following and is big with the gamers, but really, it's not that great as a sniper application.

I wouldn't even put it in the top 40 or 50 for a true, sniper based platform to perfectly honest.

About the only thing it has going for it is that it has ammunition available in just about any world hotspot/battlefield or engagement.

Just my $0.02

JD

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

My bad on the importer.
    Additional research found this:
    CJA (Southfield, MI) imported Chinese rifles for a short time just prior to September 13, 1994. The stamping CJA SLFD MICH appears on this Norinco rifle.
    This KO should go for $1,200 to 2,200.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

F. Y. I.

FYI Norinco;

Norinco (China North Industries Corporation) Norinco was set up as a committee decades ago to supply war materials to prosecute the war in Viet Nam against the United States. Viet Nam was heavily dependent upon China during the war. After the change in government policy in 1978, there was no military need for Norinco. At that time it was turned into an export corporation since Chinese arms factories cannot sell directly to anyone but the gubmint. From that point on, it has exported small arms and ammunition for sale in the world's commercial market's.

[​IMG] "Those Ba5tards!"

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And there you have it, yet another reason to BUY AMERICAN and stop buying cheap CHINESE crap....:)

JD

8. ScottG

ScottG New Member

But we're not going to boycott Chinese women, right??? :D

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No, we don't HAVE to, but.....:rolleyes:

Attached Files: