A Challenge To All Forum Readers

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by SGT-MILLER, Feb 4, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I hereby issue a challenge to all forum readers (members and non-members). I urge you all to take 5 minutes from your day and sign up as a member of either the Gun Owners of America or the National Rifle Association (or another pro-2nd amendment organization that is productive).

I just became a member of the Gun Owners of America and it literally took me 3 minutes to accomplish so there shouldn't be any excuse about not finding time to do this.

Do something and defend your 2nd amendment rights now before it is too late! Do your part to show this country that the 2nd Amendment is non-negotiable, and also do your part to show this country that gun owners are responsible and caring citizens of this great land.

There are two different classes of people in this country. There are civilians and there are citizens. DO NOT be a civilian! This country is yours and will become what YOU make of it.

Here's the links to the Gun Owners of America and the NRA (if you already are a member of an organization, then I challenge you to make an additional donation to your respective group and work to get more people to join up).

Gun Owners of America

National Rifle Association - NRA Website Gateway

2. GlenJohnson

GlenJohnson New Member

Already belong to the NRA. Figured it's like voting. If you don't vote, you got no right to complain. If you don't do like Sgt Miller says, and do something to help protect you're rights, you got to right to complain. Go sign up, hell sign up twice. :)

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Also, while you're at it, why not become a supporting member of this forum?

This is one of the best firearms forums out there, and if enough new members join, maybe someone can convince Dillinger to do a little dance and post it on youtube for us.

:D

4. Chester

Chester New Member

I already belong to NRA. And as for supporting anything else money is tight in my house, goes along with the economy huh?

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Very good advice.

Been an NRA member for over 50 years.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hooah .....SGT!! .....+1

[​IMG]

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Stickified this puppy for ya, SGT-MILLER. Nice idea, too!

8. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

This is a great idea. My wife and I recently renewed our NRA memberships early. I also contribute to the CalGuns Foundation, who is active in trying to deal with the repressive policies here in California.

Not to thread-jack this, but another thing we can all do is get vocal with our politicians. I know money is tight for many in these times, so contributing to gun rights groups may not be possible for all of us. But something we can all do is send an email to our Congressman or Senator. Let them know what you think about 2A issues. Send them a short note saying thanks when they vote the right way. Let them know when you aren't happy with their position. Be polite, but make sure they know we are out here, and we care deeply about our 2A rights.

With the recent changes I've committed myself to step up my communications with my representatives in Sacramento and D.C. It's something I should have been doing all along, but sometimes we all get complacent.

And yeah, I know, I've got a couple of Senators in D.C that are probably a lost cause, but they are both going to be hearing from me regularly from here on out!

Dave

9. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Great thread, guys he is absolutely right. If you arent a member please join if you can. And if you are, buying a yearly for someone as a gift is a great idea (birthday, valentines, wedding etc).

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

100 views on this thread isn't too bad so far.

There are thousands that visit these forums on a daily basis, so I think we all can do better.

C'mon people. Now is your chance to do something about how you feel. Don't let other people decide how YOU are/are not to defend yourself, family, and home.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Two good sites to get involved in:
    IT'S FREE!

Official site of the Second Amendment March

Second Amendment March | Facebook

Hill, I couldn't agree with you more! Now is the time to change this!

IF THIS IS TO COME TO BE, IT'S UP TO ME! [​IMG]

Go sign up. I'm sick of the MSM ignoring me and my fellow gun owners.

This is exactly what the lib's have been worrying about, pissin' us off to the point of awakening the giant!

[​IMG] LET'S wake up!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

One of our new members, Mr.Kimber has this link in one of his posts.

I am including that link here, because now no one on this forum should have an excuse for not writing his/her representative.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET INVOLVED. If you are doing nothing, you are part of the problem.

Complete E-Mail Addresses for Congress, Senate, Governors & State Legislators

All credit for providing this link goes to Mr.Kimber. Good job!

13. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

173 views isn't too bad.

I wonder how many that viewed this thread went and signed up to support a pro 2nd amendment organization.

Don't forget to tell your friends, people. Get them to sign up for this forum, and then have them sign up to support their rights also.

:cool:

14. allmons

allmons New Member

NRA Life Member, GOA member

Firearms activist. I realized many years ago that if the Second Amendment can be abridged, there is no way that the Constitution can stand. I became a one issue voter. I don't give ANY contributions to political parties. Any political contributions I feel inclined to donate go exclusively to NRA, GOA or similat pro Second Amendment groups. I trust no person who wants to remove any firearms from me. THERE IS NO COMPROMISE ON SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

Anyone who believes in "reasonable gun control" is an enemy to the United States and cannot be trusted. There is no such thing as an "evil" firearms. Only evil gun grabbers.

As to the Democrats, RINO's and misguided Republicans: please feel free to go to hell. Well, that is redundant - most traitors probably end up there anyway.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Wake up people!

16. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

Already an NRA member, already a GOA member, and now I am a firearmstalk member.

Thanks for the good advice! :D

And thanks SGT-MILLER for the credit!

Standing togather, we are unbeatable!

17. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

BUMPAGE!!!!!!!

While you are looking at Dillinger's thread about writing your rep (also a sticky on here), you need to make sure you are signed up with a pro 2nd amendment organization.

It takes only a couple minutes to do. If you haven't done it yet, do it right now.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

18. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

Well... It has been a long time but I just rejoined the NRA. Woot.

19. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

Ive been NRA and TSRA for several years and, I currently write to my congressional leaders 2-3 times per month on some other subjects. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right!

20. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

398 views? really?

:mad:

BUMPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!