A Bakers Dozen to discover the 10mm!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Transman, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Transman

Transman New Member

Just got no. 13 and it's a Kimber Eclipse in 10mm.Why don't ya see more written about this great load.I got 264 rds. through it today and am amzed at how accurate it shoots.A flair of authority in its report,more so than 45,and consistant 2" or less groups at 25ft.I had heard a bit about this load,but dismissed it,but while waiting for a Sig 210 to come in,saw this and thought I should try it out.How many of ya shoot it? Ammo seems to be in short supply and expensive,may be why its not as popular,if it were,maybe ammo prices would come down.Any thoughts?

2. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

From what I've heard, to get the most from the 10mm round one should reload them. I personably dont have one, yet:)
    And I know it's Ted Nugents favorite pistol round.

3. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

I love the 10mm! Yea, ammo can be a pain to find and yea, it's usually over priced.
    Double Tap and Buffalo Bore are about the only factory ammo manufacturers that load it close to it's potential. It's my favorite pistol cartridge by far and I do a lot of reloading for it. Unfortunately on a single stage press.

Congratulations! 10mm's kick so much ass!

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

You're just not looking in the right places. There is a huge following for the 10mm. Glockers love to shoot it just as much as us 1911 guys. Post some photos and let's see that 10! Here's are a few photos of the 10mm guns that I currently have. I've got a really hot load that I shoot in the Razorback that I can ring a 12" gong with at 100 yards. Takes a few shots to walk it in though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I love the 10mm. Like Olympus said, glockers love to shoot it. I have a glock 29 in 10mm.

image-3704182571.jpg

Attached Files:

6. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Beautiful hardware Olympus!

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks.

The 10mm is a very versatile round, but you really need to reload to tap into the potential and to also keep from paying the ridiculous prices that it tends to sell for. Saw a box of Hornady XTPs the other day, 20 rounds for over $20.

8. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Which is your favorite Olympus?

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

10mm has been a favorite since it came out.

My first was a Colt DE. I used reloads downloaded to make major factor at the time when I shot IPSC. The .38Super shooters got a little worried.

The only 10mm I have now is the Dan Wesson C-BOB.

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've got too many "recipes" to memorize. I write my favorites in my Lyman manual. We are in the middle of a move, so all of gun stuff is packed up right now.

11. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Whenever you get situated you'll have to give me some recipes. I just started reloading and haven't messed around too much with 10mm.

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Accurate Arms #7 is the powder you want for the hot loads. I remember that much.

13. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

I believe glock talk has really good section on the 10mm with some of their favorite "recipes" for reloading. Might want to take a look over there

14. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

Lots of recipes there. Just make sure you work your way up to the hot ones:D. I use AA#9 a lot as it fills the case better. You should find some good AA#9 brews over at glock talk. I like 800x for my practice loads. I'm at work so I don't have my brew book w/me but will post some good loads later.

15. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Thanks all for the input of the loads. Every little bit helps.

16. steve4102

steve4102 New Member

I also think the 10MM is an excellent round. I have two, a DW CBOB and an EAA Elite Match.

[​IMG]

I handload for the 10mm and have a couple favorite powders. For general range ammo with both lead a jacketed bullets I like Silhouette and #7, for high power hunting and SD ammo it's hard to beat Longshot. Blue Dot is very popular in the 10mm, but I find it to have way to much flash. 800-X is another popular powder for high power loads, but it meters like Corn Flakes, so you have to weigh each and every charge.

[​IMG]