A A and it don,t work for me...!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, May 2, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeap , it is in reference to "Alcoholics Anonymous"..! I have many acquaintances that quit drinking with the aid of AA..! This is great , and I 'm glad this works for them ..!

Me , my problem is not with alcohol , but keeping my dirty little paws off of pain meds..! I have in my possession , a free pass to get a shmorgusborg of some really fun stuff..! Eeeeek..! In my drawer , right here , right now , a script to get enough to achieve nirvana no doubt..! :)

Well , the AA thing just couldn't work for me.! AA , one week , you get a pat on the back , Kool . One month , you get a badge and a companion , (sponsor) .!
    Again , very Kool..! One year , the brass band , 10 steps , again , very , very Kool. They celebrate and help each other and don't get me wrong , this is very Kool..! If this works , FRACKING GREAT...!

Me , I'm not quite....auh....normal..! I could not do it this way . I get together with a bunch of people and I'll start to drool..! Oh yeah , (PART-AY)..! If I start to ponder why I'm here i just blew it , it is now embedded in my hard-drive.!
    Now , I 'm thinking about it .! Eeeek , really , Eeeek..!

I recently quit my fun pills ....oh....? I really don't no when .! I posted the day I quit , one week ago , two , three..? I honestly haven't a clue ..! No reminders ,
    Deleted , kapoot..! I've not thought about it at all really..! Now , (Oh No ) , I just reminded myself what I just quit and I really want a few hundred about now.! Too many reminders , best to not think at all..! What ever .

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Today, dango. It was today.

3. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

dango - we love you brother, but we can't do this for you!

ONLY YOU CAN DO THIS FOR YOU!!

You have to decide the course of your own life, I pray for you and wish you the very best!!

Be good to yourself, you deserve it!!

If I could recommend one read to you it would be - The Greatest Miricle on Earth, by Og Mandino.

This one book WILL change your life.

LOVE brother!

4. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

You're entitled to all the pain you can stand.

Accept no substitute.

5. MisterMcCool

Dang... Now I wish I had said something nice and supportive. :(

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Hey McCool, LOVE brother and read the book.

7. MisterMcCool

Yeah...... I'm not much of a reader. Just tell me the moral of the story.

8. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

The moral of the story is kinda the same as the ones in THE Book. You know, the one that begins: "In the beginning, when God created..." and ends with: "...May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with everyone."

Only "The Greatest Miracle..." was written by a WWII vet that bought a Saturday night special with which to end his life, then decided against it and inspired millions of people in innumerable countries to live their lives in a better way.

They're both worth a read!

Love brother!

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As we used to say when putting the blasting cap in the first stick of 80% ditching dynamite- Easy does it.

10. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

You have to want to change yourself bad enough. If you really feel there is something wrong there is. If you have to hide your habit from people you love you have a problem. I have seen tranquilizers and opiates ruin good friends to the point I won't even talk to them anymore. Don't be that guy.

11. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Do it the Johnny Cash way Dango.

12. dango

Eeeek..! Clueless , as I said..! Lets all have a (PILL)..! Eeek.! :eek:

13. dango

But I cain't sang thee neck blues baby..! Hoooo Yaul...! :D

14. dango

Ok then, <----I like that....:D OK THEN..! I-meaning (ME) , stated" (I) , meaning (ME) , that (I) , have a script , <---(piece of paper ) no pills , I won't pick them up , comprendae..? I have suffered , went against the only doctor I still trust , and have already quit , (as of TODAY..? Really..? ) Eeek.,! According to MEESTER
    MAK QUOOL ..! Personally , I think we lost him in a time warp or something , but , any HOO..,OOOOOOOOUUUUUCH ..!

I , meaning (ME)did so walk , seven miles , with 40lbs. And five gallons of watauh , up and down these here dam-Ed hill and yon dale and I don't gots no FRACKING batges , no companion and no ten step-ethes ..! :p Morel like 14,000
    Or so,s (STEP-ethes)..! No batges...? Ooouch..!

I , meaning (ME), came home and played Samurai Dango for two-ethed , howahs
    Again , may I , meaning , (ME) , most politely say OOOOUUUCCH ..! No FRACKING batges , no pills FRACKING (PILLS), just this here piece of (PAPER).!
    And again , I, meaning(ME), will just eat thee (PAPER) and be (OK THEN).!!!:p.

OK THEN...? :D

15. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Yep, they've been giving me weird stuff for the last two+ years. Stopped taking most of it. Got quite a collection.
    I will take a painkiller when the arthritis or gout gets so bad I can barely walk.
    Other than that, it's just bp meds and blood thinners to keep me upright.
    I can't even take aspirin or Advil.

16. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

God be with you Dango. We will pray for you

17. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

Dango,

There's always support for you brother. If you can't find a friend to talk to in a room then you can find one here. I'm just over two years now so I know how you feel. One day at a time. Just keep coming back.

18. dango

Well , A tad embarrassing , but , If we all do want to (SUPPORT) poor , poor oh
    Yeah , poor Dango , I say we all pitch in and buy me that (PUGANI) ..! You know , that , hand made Italian sports car..? Now , I'm sure that would make me feel oh so much better-ER....and for a mere $450,0000 we can do eet..!

PS: Pssssst...(yellow)..! Shall I hold my breaf and ax suprized..? :D

THANKS AND I DO LOVE IT HERE..!

19. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I had a very bad car accident about 25 years ago and broke my body into lots of little pieces. They started me on Morphine the first few days in ICU then shifted me to Demerol for the next 15 or so days. By the 15th day, I was waking up just to ask for more happy juice and about 2:00 one morning when I pressed the help button 4 hours early, I decided to cut myself off cause they didnt have any intentions of doing it any time soon.

That was no fun, the Codeine I took instead was no where near as effective at calming me while I was virtually strapped into a bed by tubes and it didnt do much for the pain but I refused to leave the hospital addicted as well as physically broken. I had my share of recreational drug use back then but Demerol isnt sh1ts and Giggles stuff, it was hard-corps and wicked addictive.

I pray you can kick the pills brother, you dont need that ball and chain around your neck the rest of your life. That said, you obviously have real pain that requires real intervention, just be sure your not pouring salt on your own wounds by adding Pharmaceutical addiction to boot.

20. dango

Tell me my friend , did you develop a kind of weird likening to the tubes , wires and such..? Like maybe a fetish..? Mine had names , yeap , Victoria , CP3PO-Ed,
    And lovely Lucy...! Eeeeek..! :confused:I don,t drink , smoke , drug , but need to fondle a mean tube or two..! :D