A 9mm you dont hear much about.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Dearhunter, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I went to the range today to shot my Firestorm mini 9mm. It has a laser aim mounted underneath. see photo.
    I shot at 30 feet and shot a total of 18 rounds. see photo (ran out of shells)
    The group at 7/8 O'Clock was with the laser pointed at the black square.
    The last group in the black square was after estimating adjusting aim point to 2 O'Clock. It has never jammed or hung up on me. But, I have only shot about 200 rounds through it.
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  2. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Not a bad looking pistol. A bit chunky in the grip though. Is that a double stack?

3. mcb

mcb New Member

Nice pistol. I'm not familiar with it, would love to heat more.

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yeah, I've never heard of Firestorm. Not a bad looking gun and nice groups!

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Deerhunter

Nice pistol! And good job! It certainly shoots well!

6. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I just did a quick search on them. It is apparently affiliated with Bersa.

Definitely would like To know more of your experience with this pistol. I am interested in something like that for my wife. She keeps trying to steal my S&W 3913, I think she would like this one though.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Thats the Bersa fiestorm??

8. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

The bore sure looks big for a 9mm.

9. gollygee

gollygee New Member

It's the same pistol as the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9mm (UC9). Firestorm contracted Bersa to make it with their rollmark. Shortly after coming out with the "Pro" series of Thunders, the Firestorm line was discontinued. I can't tell from the pic, does that Firestorm have a full rail? That was one change from the old Thunder to the Pro Thunder & I've heard a few Firestorm Pros were imported before being discontinued. If that is a Pro, it's a rare pistol.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well, it does have Bersa on the slide-
    Not too bad :)

11. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Couldn't make out the stamping too well. The phone app only shows the photos so big. :(

12. northhike

northhike New Member

Now you have done it! You let the secret out. ;) Great gun and so is the Bersa HC 9mm. Both are pretty flawless in reliability. Now please delete this post before they raise the price. :)

13. testarija

testarija New Member

That's a nice looking piece. I'm a big fan of the stainless steel/two tone look. And it certainly shoots well based on the groupings. What's the retail on that?

14. Dearhunter

Firestorm pistol cost (follow up)

I bought this gun about 10 years ago. I think I paid in the $350 range.
    It is double stack, 13 rounds. Rail go's as far as trigger guard. One thing that is nice is the cock safety, you set the safety and you can pull the trigger to uncock the gun. It is about the same size of a Glock 26. BUT! it is heavier than the Glock.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  15. Dearhunter

BTW, I want to add, this gun comes with a lock key. You can see the keyhole just above the trigger housing on the left side. You lock it, and the gun cannot be fired. The trigger just swings back and forth with no action.

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

nice groups! yes i have heard of the Firestorm pistols and heve heard good things about them. somehow they were affiliated with Bersa and were discontinued a few years ago. looks good to me.

17. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Firestorm contracted with Bersa to put their name on the pistol. Except for some cosmetic differences such as the rounded trigger guard instead of the combat type guard, they are the same pistol as the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact pre "Pro" pistols. Shortly after coming out with the "Pro" series, they stopped making the Firestorms. I'm told that there were a few Pro Firestorms, but I haven't seen any.

My first Bersa was a Firestorm Mini .40S&W & has been flawless. I wasn't really familiar with the Bersa brand at the time or I would have also bought the Mini 9mm that he had. I prefer the pre Pro models without the rail.

18. oli700

oli700 New Member

thats a key you dont want to lose....if you use it at all.Looks like a nice shooting pistol