9mm

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by DEagle13, Nov 14, 2011.

1. DEagle13

DEagle13 New Member

I love the 9mm why do people have such a problem with them?

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Because bigger is always better right . JK
    9 is fine with me. I would easily purchase another one without a problem

3. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Because 9 ate 7? ;) (rimshot)

4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

The 9mm, like every other caliber, has its faults and is debated extensively. 9mm VS .40 (or .45ACP) is like the 5.56x45mm VS 7.62x51mm.

5. soldierman79

soldierman79 New Member

Because people substitute training with large caliber.

6. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I have 3 9's, one .45, and a .357. All are good for me for fun and protection. My XDm has an edge on the others because of the 19+1 capacity.

7. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I have always liked 9mm i carry one daily and have 3 other 9mm handguns. I have many other caliber weapons but find myself shooting it alot because it isnt overly costly and fun

8. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

small bullets = small punch!.

9. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

I'll tell you my problem with the 9mm:

I can't think of a way to improve on it:p

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't mind the 9. But if I were carrying one, I'd want a high capacity. Just in case.

11. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

12. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I think most of the bad press for the 9mm started years ago when the Beretta 92 replaced the Colt 1911 as the standard handgun. Adding fuel to the fire was the fact that Beretta was chosen over Smith & Wesson, an American company. We keep hearing stories about people somewhere getting shot several times by a 9mm and still not being stopped. I am a .45acp fan but also own a 9mm. I believe the 9mm with the right ammo would protect me just fine. Of all my handguns it is the most inexpensive to shoot except for my .22 LR.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

For fanboy .45 press one, for all other firearms hang up and try again . :eek:

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

That is the problem I had with the M9. I've seen rounds punch through targets and fall to the ground on the other side. I whole heartedly blame the government issued ammo, and I agree, I think this is where the stigma was picked up. There are many excellent SD 9mil ammo types on the commercial market. But, considering that, there is the "once bitten, twice shy" aspect. Government issued 9 mill ammo is not a very effective man stopper, IMO, since it won't even effectively stop a paper and plastic target. There for, even knowing what I know, I still would have a hard time trusting it.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I pressed 1

16. kdog

kdog New Member

advantage of the 9mm is the cheaper ammo price and you get more rounds in one mag....:D then with .40 or .45

At least here in germany, the price for .45 ammo is nearly the double to 9mm and when you shoot competition, it easily get`s expencive.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

IMO, many times it's hype by the not-so-knowledgeable

which keeps getting repeated by others, who take it for

gospel.

Maybe just my Berettas shoot 9mm well,

and tear up what they hit, but I sort of doubt it...

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Beretta is a good gun. Commercial ammo for 9'a make some good SD rounds.

19. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I love the 9mm...inexpensive to shoot, high capacity, fast follow up shots, and can be handled my smaller shooters such as my wife. Effective hits with a 9mm are far better than a marginal hit with a .40, .45, or even a .500...learn to shoot your gun effectively and don't worry about the caliber.

20. slagersan

slagersan New Member

I am female and carry a 9mm S&W 3913. 3+ shots in a tight grouping makes an impressive hole. If you know how to use your firearm effectively, it's quite sufficient.

As much fun as it is to play with the larger caliber firearms, I cannot control it in the same way as I can the 9mm, so it does me no good in defending myself.