Firearms Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have clock 19 an a s&w shield 9 and I like both of them. I do prefer the heavy body non plastic s&w. Should I jus shelf the 19 and retire it or try to get a trade in value it’s a GA state non safety!!! ?????

·
Retired
14,020 Posts
Just buy a bigger safe.

You won't get much for a clock 19, but if it were a Hamm's beer clock, then maybe.
Art Circle Font Signage Symbol

Reactions: Kilgore

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd like to have a CZ or 3 some day and eventually I will. Until then, I like my S&W M&P9, Shield45, M&P15, and M&P15-22. They may not be as fancy as CZs but they are American made and reliable which makes them real enough for me. With the exception of the Shield45 which is still fairly new and only has 200 rounds through it, the others all have at least 1500 rounds through them and the M&P9 and 15 have never had a failure of any kind that I recall and the M&P15-22 failures have always been bad rounds not feed or ejection issues.

As for the OP question, personally I'd keep the Glock. I sold an XDm .40 and even though I got a good price it didn't take long to regret it. Even if it was just going to sit in my safe 99% of the time I wish I'd kept it for a once a year trip to the range.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I'd like to have a CZ or 3 some day and eventually I will. Until then, I like my S&W M&P9, Shield45, M&P15, and M&P15-22. They may not be as fancy as CZs but they are American made and reliable which makes them real enough for me. With the exception of the Shield45 which is still fairly new and only has 200 rounds through it, the others all have at least 1500 rounds through them and the M&P9 and 15 have never had a failure of any kind that I recall and the M&P15-22 failures have always been bad rounds not feed or ejection issues.

As for the OP question, personally I'd keep the Glock. I sold an XDm .40 and even though I got a good price it didn't take long to regret it. Even if it was just going to sit in my safe 99% of the time I wish I'd kept it for a once a year trip to the range.
There's a CZ Compact on Gunbroker priced right, right now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's a CZ Compact on Gunbroker priced right, right now.
The wife has put me in time out for gun / parts buys for a while. I finally got the new AR out to the range and ran some rounds through it. Was really happy with how it performed, the ejections are 3-4 o'clock and I was hitting nice groups at 25 yards with the iron sights. I didn't care for the PSA trigger though, so I ordered a Geissele SSP Dynamic Flat Bow trigger to replace it and then I finally ordered an optic, a Swampfox Tomahawk 1-8x24 LPVO and since they had a deal going on I may have also gotten a Swampfox Sentinel Green Dot for my Hellcat.

Cloud Sky Vertebrate Tent Shorts

·
Retired
14,020 Posts
There's always the old line...
"That? I've had that in the safe for years!"
(Say it as you remove the protective coating.)

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I have clock 19 an a s&w shield 9 and I like both of them. I do prefer the heavy body non plastic s&w. Should I jus shelf the 19 and retire it or try to get a trade in value it’s a GA state non safety!!! ?????

op says he has 2 pistols, likes them both.
Me im bad at choices, my advice to him is "bigger safe and add more guns."

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I have a motto: I will never sell any of my firearms ever again. I don't care if it's the lowliest, most inaccurate hunk of junk, I'm keeping it. Besides, I like to experiment with making stocks or trying bluing methods and what not, it's always good to have a beater or two to try stuff with.

I said "again" because a number of years ago I was addicted to IPSC shooting and I sold several of my firearms to finance new parts and gizmos for my race guns and have regretted it ever since.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Keep the Glock as a standby, and I don’t know of an all steel S&W auto that is being made.
I have an all steel 3rd generation .40 myself, but it’s from the 1990s or thereabouts. It is a very solidly made pistol. I think that I paid $300 for mine.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts