9mm Target pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by dawing, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dawing

dawing New Member

Need recomendations for a 9mm target (not defense) semi-auto. Prefer a 5" barrel with adjustible rear sights.I allready have a variety of guns in different calibers including a 22lr. The 9mm ammo is plentiful and much less then my 40 and 45 ammo (bought from walgreens and online). The 22lr just ain't doing it for me. My son who is getting his masters in cop is moving back home broke and hoping for lots of range time on my dime.

2. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

A 5 inch barrel and adjustable sights are not something you see very often in a 9mm pistol. They're out there but as the poster above has asked - how much do you want to spend?

4. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Check...

Sig P210
    Sig P226 X-five or sport
    Sphinx 3000 open
    STI International

CZ 75 or 75B Tactical
    S&W 952

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  5. dawing

dawing New Member

under $2000.00...as close to a grand as possible

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

7. dawing

dawing New Member

The STI looks real nice. The CZ has a big variety that meets my requirements sold by my favorite dealer. I'll check it out this weekend.Thanks for the help.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've seen some guys at the club with some very tricked out looking Browning High-Powers. I'd check out Canebrake's suggestion. I would guess you could customize that to your heart's desire and stay under $2,000.

11. dawing

dawing New Member

Thank you all for your recomendations.I basically want something similar to my Sprinfield Range officer 1911 ( with fiber-bad eyesight-optic front sight) that loads affordable ammo.

12. Anch368

Anch368 New Member

I shot an STI Torjan the other day for about 300 rounds and it is now one of my favorites. With the hammer cocked I can pull the slide to the rear with my pinkey on the rear sight. The one I was shooting had a trigger job done but for overall handeling and shooting, it's one of the nicest. I am looking for one right now as well.

13. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Kimber Team Match II, about $1300. Portion of the profits goes to the USA Shooting Team.

[​IMG]

or for under $1,000, the Kimber Stainless Target in 9mm.

[​IMG]

14. dawing

dawing New Member

I ended up buying the EAA Witness Elite Limited 9mm for $1099.00. Thanks again for all of the help.