9mm sigma vs p95 ruger 9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by hollowpointhitman, Oct 20, 2011.

1. hollowpointhitman

hollowpointhitman New Member

I dont know which one i want since this will be my first gun. I have heard very good things about both guns. I have also heard bad things. I just dont know which one i will be most happy with. This weapon will be for concealed carry.

2. Serno

Serno New Member

I like the Ruger P95 better. I may be a bit bias as my first Handgun was a Ruger P94 in 9mm. I used it as my carry gun. The sigmas never impressed me but I think they are good guns.

Not that this is very helpful but I would pick the Ruger P95. I have one of them too and it shoots great. I can even use the magazines from my P94 in it!

Maybe only 1 and a half cents worth on this one.

Serno

P.S. I do not know if this has changed but sigma's use to have a piece of felt inside the spring to help with damping and if it got to much oils or fluids in it, then it could not function as easily. But then again...I have not researched it in a long long time.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

3. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Not a fan of the Sigma. I would suggest looking at the Ruger SR9c.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I like my Sigma , I had one of the first gens and sold it in 97 and not because I didnt like it , I have one of the newer ones now and I really like it , best feeling gun in my hand , im pretty accurate out to 20 yards @ 3-4" groups which is great for me , I have run 500+ rounds through it without any jams or failures , never shot the Ruger SR9 so I cant compare but I do have the
    LC9 and I do like it for as small as it is

5. Werminator

Werminator Member

I may be mistaken but isn't the P95 a hammer fired gun? If so I suggest rethinking your choice. I love having the longer pull on a striker fired weapon so I don't sneeeze or twitch and put someone in the hospital.... I also love my pistol holstering and unholstering without snagging on my clothes... I have the SR9 full size and after several thousand rounds through it I have NEVER had a misfire or jam of any kind... This thing is awesome...

6. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Is there even a question? Ruger. S&W will never get any of my $ from their polymer semi auto models. The "bendy" trigger is probably the most horrible trigger I've ever shot with. And its sad b/c I really love the m&ps to boot. WHY S&W WHY????!!!!

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I own the Sigma in 40 and the P95 in 9mm. No comparison!!! Ruger wins hands down.

8. Ledwards

Ledwards New Member

Ruger has a much better trigger. The only thing I don't like about the P95dc trigger is the take up in single action. I would buy the P95 again, but maybe get the DAO model.

9. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

I had a first gen SW40VE and loved the way it felt in the hand. I had high hopes for it...but was not impressed when I shot it. Crappy trigger and failed to feed a lot. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it when it did fire. I sold it and moved on. I love the trigger on my Ruger SR9c and can hit beer cans at 25+ yards all day long.

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

It's a SUCK VS.SUCK comparison.

You can do better. I believe in you.

11. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I own a P95 and have shot the Sigma a good bit. IMO the Ruger is the better pistol, but it is pretty bulky for CC. I would look into something slimmer for that purpose.