9mm range ammo - where to buy cheap?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by kirbinster, Feb 13, 2013.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

Where (online) can I buy 9mm ammo for a decent price? Just looking for stuff to fire at the range without spending an arm and a leg.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

9mm is an issue at the moment. If you find some cheap let me know, all I have in the shop right now is frangible for $27 a box, all I could get.

3. Str8tShooter

Str8tShooter New Member

Cabela's had it yesterday $16.99 for 50. Federal American Eagle I think

4. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

Wow that sucks. My local range is selling it at $17.50 (no shipping cost - obviously). Was hoping I could do better.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Buy what you can get hands on, the ammo problem is going to continue.

6. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

7. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

Have you checked Freedom Munition, Bulk Ammo, SG Ammo, or. Surplus Ammo? I have ordered from all and have found some good prices. Used ammo from all these sites in SR9 without any problems. Freedom offers both new and remanufactured, I have had no problems with either one.

Ken

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  9. Penman

Penman New Member

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

then he owes the thread a birthday cake!:p

12. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Given the current state of ammo supplies, still looking for affordable 9mm
    after a year doesn't seem unreasonable.:)

13. DP03

DP03 New Member

14. mahall

mahall New Member

I haven't shopped to much online for ammo, but in So Florida 22lr is all but impossible to find! 380 is difficult and pricey(25F50) 9mm can be found in most any gun store for (15F50) 40 & 45, with any luck you can usually find in Walmart priced around 20 to 25 for 50. I have ran across bulk that is considerably cheaper by the round, but never had the extra dough to buy! I think, until we shoot a little less and buy a little less, we will keep paying more than we should for ammo! Problem is, people think they hit the lotto win they find it, and hoard all of it up to make there personal little world a bit more secure! But adds to the real problem which is the Demand exceeding or pushing the production! Ammo is much like fuel, the more the need or the demand the higher the price! Best thing we could do for ammo prices is to reduce the buying, that is very unlikely to happen, people are running scared and most are worried the Feds are going to be knock on there door to confiscate weapons/ammo, which is even more unlikely to happen. We have at least 30 more months of inflated and or scarce ammo prices! The only hope we have is a new man in the White house, I think we can all agree to that!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

15. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I almost had a nervous breakout at Sportsman's Warehouse. They had only 2 boxes of HSM 9mm 115 grain 50 round boxes for $15.99 each. :eek: :D

I wanted to get on my knees holding the boxes and cry out loud; but, picked them up and some 12 gauge ammo and purchased them!

16. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Reconsider a gun show. You can probably get a better deal and will not pay freight. Buy about 500 rounds - $130.00 or so and an ammo can $13.00 to carry them around the rest of the show.

If you insist on buying online check here:
    http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=1

250 rounds - $60.00 + shipping.
    http://www.bradsguns.com/product-p/wrcc_9_115_250.htm

It's all good!

17. fnzeee

fnzeee New Member

+1 for slickguns.com and gundeals.com. Between the two you will have no problem finding cheap (relatively) 9mm range ammo. Plus you can configure to receive email notifications when ammo deals are posted for whatever calibers you prefer, including 9mm.