9mm Pocket Carry

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jpigg1, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jpigg1

Jpigg1 New Member

Best 9mm everyday pocket carry under $500? Can't be big and noticeable.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

S&W Shield. 4oz lighter than an XDs 9mm. Over $500 the Sig P938.

3. Jpigg1

Jpigg1 New Member

Too big. Guy at work carrys shield. I need LC9 size. Preferably smaller.

4. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Kahr CM9 is pretty small and under your price point.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

6. Jpigg1

Jpigg1 New Member

Better than Keltec pf9? How do these two compare in size if you have any idea? Thanks for all the help.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I carry a PM9, but that's north of 600, so I'll agree with the CM9.

8. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

CM9 is a little smaller than the PF9, but holds one round less. I would pay the extra $$ for the Kahr, just my opinion though.

9. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Beretta Nano? It's a sub compact. Pocket carry? No. But mine fits great in a remora no clip holster.

10. Jpigg1

Jpigg1 New Member

Okay. I'll keep the cm in mind. Iguess it really comes down to how they feel for me at the range.

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Pretty much.

12. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Diamondback DB9 is one of the smallest out there.I have never fired one,or know how good they are.The Kel-Tec P11 is another one.10 round magazine and a 12 round magazine available.Drawback is the long DAO trigger pull and snappy recoil.Not a range gun for everyday shooting,but hey,10 or 12 rounds for a small pocket 9 isn't too bad.
    I never had anything mechanically wrong with mine,I just prefer something with a better trigger and tolerable recoil.But I did like it for the higher capacity and that it fit my pockets.Pretty much any lightweight pocket 9mm is going to feel snappy.

13. therukh

therukh New Member

I've pocket-carried my PM9 for several years now on a daily basis. I've shot it a lot & even competed with it in BUG (Back Up Gun) matches. It is one of my most trusted guns. I paid under $500 for it with night sights & blackened slide. I use Hornady Critical Defense for my carry rounds & use any ball for practice. It is extremely accurate & functionally reliable & has been from round one. I also always carry an extra 7-round magazine in a pocket pouch. I feel it is worth the price and is small enough that I am completely comfortable with it all the time. I saw a college student using a Nano when I was training him recently & he had problems handling it & a few malfunctions. At the next training session, he'd traded it for a different pistol. My vote would be PM9, hands down!

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I carry a Kel Tec P 11 in my pocket with the grip extension. You can get 10 in the magazine and one in the chamber. It looks like a bandanna wadded up in my pocket. That is when I can get it away from my wife. The pockets on my pants are large. I can a get S&W model 10 with a 4" barrel in my pocket. Just a little bit of the stock hangs out. My shirt covers the stock.

15. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I know it was mentioned earlier but I would go with the XDS-9. Small, reliable and fits your budget.

16. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I'd save up a little more and go for a p938. They can frequently be found at just a smidge over 600 online. Mine is the only 9mm I've never had problems pocket carrying

17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a Sig 938. A little over 500 b ut it's easy to pocket carry and a fantastic pistol.

18. danolator

danolator New Member

I considered the Shield until it had a defect that prompted a recall. I pocket carry the Ruger LC9. It shoots great. Have almost 1,000 rounds through mine. The only thing I have done so far is add a grip sleeve. Down the road, I'll add a stainless rod & stronger recoil spring. Not necessary, just my preference. I made those changes on my LCP & it made shooting a box of .380 much more enjoyable.

19. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

cm9 is my pocket pistol and they go for 370 /380 range here. I have a bit over 1600 rounds fired thru it with no issues. Good pistol.

20. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There are no true pocket pistols in 9mm for under $500. If you are a large enough guy, or cargo pants clad all the time, then you could accommodate one of the mentioned above. I was impressed with the DB9 for its weight, grip, real sights, and the trigger. I do have reservations about its reliability (only because of the early DB380 I used to own) It is much like a Glock inside but not as robust. The Kel Tec PF9 was unreliable after a diligent breaking in. The Kahr may well me the best choice, I have dealt with 2 PM's both good, and theres no reason a CW would be any worse. The LC9 I've never tried, but never heard a bad thing. Again all of them are borderline large for everyday pocket carry, but that's up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.