9mm loaders watch out

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ChuckD, May 3, 2010.

1. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

Hey guys,

I was preping some 9mm cases last night and had a situation were the decaping pin was pulled out of the die. I narrowed it down to a Sellers and Ballot case labled "S&B 9x19 NONTOX 07". I found another one in my collection and the hole where the primer punch goes through is smaller then the other brass. Figure most of yawl know about this but would through it out there just incase it can provent an frustrating night of reloading.

Chuck D

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Thanks for the information. The only S&B cases I've delt with are 38 Special and 357 but I didn't have any problems.

3. sigp250

sigp250 New Member

Not to change the subject but I have to ask. I often see advertisements for ammo that says once reloaded brass. How can that be proved?

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It can't. brass I've fired twice looks the same and if cleaned properly it looks like new. If you reload, always inspect your brass before using.

5. sigp250

sigp250 New Member

Thats what I figured. Maybe they mean, Only once reloaded by us but may have been reloaded three times by someone else.

I have never tried reloading but think it could be fun. I would want to get started in a small way. I have seen single caliber starter kits for the casual reloader. What do you think? What caliber is used for small pistol primers? What caliber is used for large pistol primers?

6. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Can't be proven..... :( Even if it says, "ONLY once reloaded" you can't be sure. I've loaded a lot of 9mm once............and then again, and then again......... :)