9mm Hi-Point Carbine was a BIG let down

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by KeysKelly, Aug 13, 2012.

1. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I had heard nothing but good about Hi-Point carbines and I came across a 9mm pretty cheap so I jumped on it. Shot it for the first time and to say it is a piece of sh*t is an insult to a sh*t. Show 100 rounds, 10 full magazines and all but one magazine had a jam. Most 10 round magazines had 3 or more jams. Very accurate when it did shoot but a 25% jam rate is un acceptable to me.

I was very let down as it is a cool little gun, cheap and nice looking but I can see it on Gun Broker very soon.

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

"Pretty cheap" being the key thing. The guys I know that have them really like them. Before giving up on it entirely, give it a thorough cleaning and inspection. If all else fails, Hipoint reputedly has very good customer service.

3. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Dont give up on her yet. I had similar issues at first but only when I loaded 10 rounds in the mag it worked better with 8 or 9. After some use they work better. If the top round isnt seated in the mag rite your gona have problems too. Its gota be pointing kinda upwards. I can post some pics when I get home tonight.

4. kycol

kycol New Member

I've shot maybe 600 or 700 rounds through mine and not 1 single jam or failure. But after several rounds it does start to sting my cheek

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I'll give you $100 for it.

6. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Ill give you 500$ worth of hand tools.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Aren't those magazines subject to lip damage? I would try a second mag before selling.

Dude, be more specific; this is the interwebs where some people consider a dildo or a fleshlight to be a "hand tool".

8. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I have two magazines both brand new. They did seem a little tight. I am going to load 10 rounds in both of them and let them sit full for a month and see if that helps. Also oil the hell out of it.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I agree, if you contact Hi point they will make it right.

10. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

Something about someone who owns $500 bucks of that sort of "hand tools" just gives me the creeps.......

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Have you priced a 3hp vibrating, fully-hided, braided tail vibra-filly lately? I hear that the zebra paint job can cost $300 extra by itself.
    ;)

12. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

Have I priced something like that?

No,no I haven't..........

the fact that YOU know so much about it tho...........:eek:

13. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

If the mags dont work hi point will replace them free of charge, they have a lifetime warranty

14. orangello

orangello New Member

15. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

I had a HP carbine in .40 and it sucked ass the first couple hundred rounds. It will get better. Also, if you do have to send it back to Ohio, they will make it worth your while. Great American company, even if the pistols leave something t be desired...

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Do not give up on her!

I was at the range not the other day; but, 2 weeks ago a firing position next to me had a Hi-point purchased for $250 at a local dealer. Drop about 400 rounds and not one jam.

I would like to get one; but, all the sellers locally have said that the carbine is allocated!

17. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

That's classic. :D

18. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

A friend of mine has one of these, it runs pretty flawless. Maybe give it a good cleaning an a little time.

19. mahou_okami

mahou_okami New Member

my dad had one of the 995s and a c9. Both had a breaki-in period before they would run smoothly. The c9 even had to have the lips on the magazine adjusted slightly, but after that they stopped jamming. also as others have mentioned, if it is a defect in the gun hi-point does have an awesome lifetime warranty on their guns from what I remember. Send it in and they will fix it for free, and a few other people I knew on a previous forum sometimes got a free mag to go with it when they had to send it in.