9mm AK?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by ThePotatoSmasher, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ThePotatoSmasher

ThePotatoSmasher New Member

Hi Im new to the forums here and was curious to know what weapon this is in the picture below. To me it looks something simular to an AK but in 9mm. Any information would be appreciated.
    :D

2. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I have no clue, possibly some type of tommy gun variant? But then again that is a uneducated guess.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. ballfan4141

ballfan4141 New Member

it looks like a tommy gun that has had the back stock of it taken off and replaced with another kind.

4. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

tommy guns didn't have that kind of a magazine though, or that type of a barrel shroud I don't think :confused: maybe a member of the ppsh 41 family?

Attached Files:

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

PP-19-1 Bizon? 9 X 18 Makarov closed bolt SMG.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

What, no "thread killer" comments?

7. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Because of who it is, that could just be something he threw together one afternoon to shoot rabbits in his garden!!;)

[​IMG]

Just noticed potato, you are about 60 miles south of my favorite vacation spot, I hang out in Sydney every chance I get! Haven't been down that way in five months, sure bet Star City misses me!! Welcome to the forum, Ken

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  8. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

It was Kalishnikov's first prototype of the ak-47. He produced it at a train factory during the competition to create the Motherland's next finest service weapon. Later, after hearing reports of the stg-44 (german assault rifle) he decided to up the caliber to an intermediate round and bam...the ak47 assault rifle was born....Not in so few words but you get the point....that was his originial design...but it was developed into the AK we all know and love.

9. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

10. ThePotatoSmasher

ThePotatoSmasher New Member

Thank you all for the info :)

11. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

no problem...being a history fan/major and a gun nut means ya gotta know some stuff or you're not doing it right :p