9c mag release problem

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Crazvet, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Every once in awhile I find somehow the mag release has let the mag loose unintendedly, its yet to fall out(luckily) I open carry in a blackhawk nylon holtster that covers the release so I'm trying to figure out exactly how it happens? So far I've only noticed it as I'm putting in my nightstand drawer for the night. Anyone know of a problem or most importantly a fix?

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I had the same issue with a Ruger P95. When I held the gun up so I could look down the slide from the rear I could see that the mag release buttons both stuck out past the grip. I just used a dremel tool to cut the buttons down so the grip covered the buttons. Make sure to use masking tape in case the dremel tool touches the areas you don't want to cut.

3. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Could be the holster! Since it's soft nylon, a good bump could push the holster into the mag release, unintentionally releasing it. Try pressing through the holster with your thumb or palm and see if it drops.

4. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I decided to take a two prong attack, I took the dremal(aka gun wrecker) and reworked the spring channel on the mag release and take some material off the outside. Hopefully it'll be enough, now gotta find something w a rough surface to stipple it......