92FS, should I get one, how much barely used?

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by kirbinster, Jul 27, 2013.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

I was thinking of buying a barely used 92FS, Italian made, and was wondering if I should or not. How reliable are these. What is a good price. This one only has about 200 rounds on it and comes with the original case and 4 mags 15 rounds each. Thanks for your input.

2. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Nice, rugged pistol. Have no idea of price... maybe 500$ ? :)

3. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

I have one and love it. Eats everything I feed it even reloads. 1500+ rounds not one problem. This is my home protection gun.

image-2500678836.jpg

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

They're so reliable I own two.

Never shot an auto-loader as dependable.

IME, it seems the cutaway on the slide

makes for a fool-proof ejection port.

Hmmmmn, Italian, go 550$, these are very

popular, and a solid firearms value.

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

They are fine guns. Check Gunbroker sales for a fair price.

6. rb522

rb522 New Member

Great guns. I've had mine for about 20 years now, no problems or issues of any kind. Just had it out to the range today, and had a great time with it. My wife loves the gun as well. It's the one she learned to shoot with.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Stopped by an adoption shelter today, wrote a check for an adoption fee of $485 for a used Italian 92FS. Original box and two mags included. :)

Now just have to wait 48 hours to bring it home. :(

Spent an hour at the indoor range when I picked it up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

That is what I paid for mine about 4 months ago used. I check my serial number and its about 10 years old.

9. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Love mine! Fantastic design and proven in basically any environment. Grip fits my hand well, and parts are easy to come by as are grips and things like that. It is my second favorite pistol after my Colt 1911.

10. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Beretta is the way to go [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats Gator! The more you shoot it the better you will like it.

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Gonna have to break down and get me some Rx glasses if I want to get better at pistol shooting. :mad:

Or maybe a mount for my new Burris Fastfire. :D

13. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

I bought my beretta brand new back in January and I love it. The more I shoot it the smoother it gets. I have only had one problem with it and that's independence ammo. For some reason the last two boxes that I had it a few FTE. Everything else it eats up.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

probably the ammo. if it only happens with that one brand of ammo, i'd stay away from it.

i have had a couple of Berettas in the past, in 9mm and 40 S&W. loved both of them. the grip is bit bulky but it didn't pose a problem for me. i don't have large hands and i could still grip it fine. those with small hands might have a problem with the grips.

i'd own another one without hesitation. damn good pistols.

15. JW357

JW357 New Member

Go for it, OP. if the price is right. You won't look back.

I don't own one, but I have rented one. My LGS purposefully doesn't clean their rentals. They say its to "torture test" all the guns. I just think they're lazy :p
    Anyway, I've rented several semis from them over the past year and a half, and the 92 was the only semi that didn't jam. And it was nasty dirty.

But it doesn't fit my hand very well. Too big of a grip. If you like it, snag it up.

16. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

The 92fs was one of my first handgun purchases that I wanted since I was a kid. That gun was accurate and reliable as any gun I ever shot. And that says alot since I was fairly new to handguns then. Thought I wanted to get something else and sold it. That's one of the few gun sales I regret to this day. Go for it. Got mine used in like new condition back then for $475. Sold it to a cousin years ago and every time I see him I ask to buy it back and he says no. Will get another some day in the future.

17. BLACOPS

BLACOPS New Member

I own a 92A1 which is the same gun only with added features such as an accessory rail and higher capacity. My opinion is this is my favorite gun to shoot. I have never shot a more fun to shoot, accurate gun. No jams no problems. I highly recommend owning one of these.

18. BobbyBJr

BobbyBJr New Member

Ive got one that has a couple thousand rounds through it without any problems. Very accurate. I paid around 500 for it new about two years ago.

19. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I've seen LEO trade ins selling for $365 or less.They have alot of holster wear and scratches,but have barely been used.I plan on getting one soon.

20. domino300

domino300 New Member

Been wantin' one for a while, was in LGS after Thanksgiving and owner/buddy bought one from a customer for $440. Customer said he only put 45 rounds through it. Got it with box for $470. Pistol has handled everything I've put through it without a hiccup.